Tuesday 18 December 2007

Recovering..slowly.

Well I was very sore from Saturday's tumble it felt like I'd pulled every muscle in my body and to top it all off I had to go Chrissy shopping on Sunday!:(

I phoned in sick at work on Monday mainly because the girl im working with doesnt pull her weight so I knew I wouldnt beable to take it easy so decided I wasnt going to kill myself.Ahem I did manage to take AliG in the school and do some ground work though and ride Polo;0
AliG was excellent responding very quickly,he tried to get out of going right a few times so whenever he did this I sent him into trot on the left then when I asked him to go right kept it short and in walk.Hopefully he'll figure right is the easy option and be more willing!But I was pleased with his response and M came to watch and was very impressed with how he was reacting.
I then {shock horror} took Polo into the school,this was about the second time in 4months so I wasnt expecting anything wonderfull which was well and good cos it wasnt great:))
He was hurrying all the time but seemed quite loose and free in himself,I tried to slow him down by slowing my rise but when you stay in the saddle that few seconds longer he uses that as an excuse to say "oh you want canter now"..only trotter I know that prefers to canter! I didnt ask to much just tried to get him to soften a bit which he did a little towards the end and did some circles,leg yield's and a few shocking shoulder in's.

Today I long reined AliG,he acted like he'd never had a break plodding along.He got a bit excited at the top of the lane as some horse's came trotting up behind him,by excited I mean he did a few elevated strides of trot:))
I then rode Polo,well more of a plod really.We went along the lane and I just rode on the buckle and let him dicate the pace and how far/where to go.He was lovely forward but totally chilled.:)

AliG and Polo have now been stripped off from Ellie as they have both (Ali in particular) been getting rather frisky with her that past could of days.I think its because she's in over night so they only see her for a couple of hours a day so get excited and carried away.Suit me as I can sick to poo picking my bit and they have the shed on their side so can stay out as long as I want.
Im still stiff and sore today but much better over all.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Maybe AliG learned a bit of a behavior lesson the other day about how listening to Mom is better than going it on your own?

Hope you are OK. Nasty tumbles in the winter are never fun, especially when things are frozen.

Muriel said...

I hope you recover soon from your tumble. You need to train him to disengage his hindlegs and face you.

Yes, groundwork with a young horse better in an enclosed arena ^-^

Poor boys, they do not have her girlfiend anymore LOL!

cptrayes said...

I had to smile at what a "shocking shoulder in" might look like :-)

C

ps Radox!

Claire said...

it'll take a while for the bruising to subside - do what i didn't, rub some arnica in!