Thursday 27 December 2007

Angels:)

Well I reckon my two have deserved the title of Angels today!
My sister was up visiting so we'd arranged for her to come up to the farm this morning to bring my niece up to see the horse's,she was a little nervous the last time and would only look from a distance..well she is just 20months give her time:)

Anyway I decided to ride AliG in the school first ,if it was empty of course,then I could see them when they drove up the lane.Did lots of walk to halt to walk,if he didnt respond first time to my leg when asking to walk on I gave him two taps with the whip, he quickly got the idea.I didnt do too much in trot as he isnt remotely fit but did a couple of circles on each rein,any more schooling ideas that I can do in walk while he fittens up would be most welcome:)
My Phoenix feels like its sitting too low on the front and tipping me forward a bit but Ali seems to prefer this to the treed saddle.I'll try and pad it up at the front for now,im wanting to sell it and hopefully buy the new 17"Vogue eventually cos he does seem comfortable in it but I reckon a 17"would be better for both of us size wise.

I saw my sister's car so rode back over to the yard to see them. Well Ericka was much more confident around the horse's and AliG was brill standing quietly (not tied up)while she had a sit on his back and 'helped' brush him.Didnt get a pic of her sitting on him as she was off and on pretty quickly but he was very sweet and kept nuzzling her and my sister's hubby who's scared of horses:)

We then went and got Polo ready so Ericka 'helped' brush him,he was so gentle and kept his head really low seeming very interested in her.
I tacked up and asked her if she wanted to sit up on him with me, she was pretty keen so my sister lifted her up and she sat on the front of the saddle.So off we went on a little ride around the yard and a short way down the lane,my sister walked alongside just incase but he didnt put a foot wrong and just plodded quietly.Ericka absolutely loved it and kept giggling and saying good boy to Polo...reckon we have another little horse lover in the family.
I lifted her down to my sister then we went off for a ride.
My sister kept saying Polo was very quiet and laid back and couldnt ever remember ever seeing him like this before,im sure its the Ranitidene!!

Few pics of Ericka's first ride on a horse.....

1 comment:

Jean said...

Uh-oh, that grin on Ericka's face clearly indicates she is a candidate for horse lover for life. Hope the rest of the family is prepared for the famous, "I want a pony," plea soon to be on the way. *G*

Very interesting about Polo and the ulcer meds. I am putting Tucker back on a short regimen mostly because: his turnout has changed due to the mud, he pulled his stifle and was really uncomfortable with that, he is being a bit sticky again--might be the stifle, might be his tummy--I wasn't able to ride for so many weeks while I was sick.

I will be very interested to find out if Polo continues to get happier over the course of treatment. Of course, AliG doesn't need to be happier--he is one content young man already! *G*