Monday 24 December 2007

Fabby day:)

Well ive had a brill day..rode BOTH my boys and they were BOTH perfect!
YO came to see if I was riding when I got to the yard,I said I was meeting M to ride a 12 but was going to get my jobs done first then I had half an idea to ride Ali,well I'd put his saddle in the car so more than half an idea:)).
My plan was take him in the school and lunge him for a bit first but thought what the hell im sure he'll be fine so tacked him up and got on.
He actually looked suprised and pleased if thats possible so we rode down to the bottom of the farm to meet YO then went out on a short hack.He didnt put a foot wrong and led most of the way!
There was a black bag flapping around on the lane....did he try and run?....well obviously not..he looked at it then walked over sniffed it then picked it up flapping it around:)) He was fastinated by all the sheep which have just been moved into the fields(he might never have seen sheep before?)so we stood and watched them for a little while.I was very pleased he genuinely seems to enjoy being ridden and is naturally brave and confident,amazing for a three year old.

M didnt turn up so I went out on Polo,spent half the ride chatting on my phone and getting texts from friends while he happily plodded along....naughty me:0

Ive just got home from the beach,me and my Dad took all the dogs for a really long walk going from one beach to the next.Picture five Border Terriers (my three with flashing lights on their collars)and one German Shepards running wild,we were the only ones there,fabulous!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

Jean said...

I have so far had a very Merry Christmas. Your day sounds as close to perfect as it could be. Lovely of AliG to "eat" the monster bag and adore the sheep and for Polo to accept being a text message center. *G*

May the rest of the holidays bring you more nearly perfect days as well. Three cheers!

Claire said...

which beach? Druridge?

AliG is being a superstar, isn't he? and naughty you, texting whilst riding!

cptrayes said...

Christmas lights on the dogs' collars I hope :-) I can picture it!!

C,

Nicola said...

Thanks Jean doesnt get much better than that!

Was Seaton Sluice to Blyth Claire.

///Christmas lights on the dogs' collars I hope :-) I can picture it!!///
They are little lights that you clip on the collars so you can see them in the dark..great idea for my little ones as they are very hard to keep track of when its dark!