Friday 30 November 2007

Rain rain go away!

Well it rained most of last and today but I still rode.YO text me to see if i'd ride out with her as it was also pretty windy and one of her pony's is a rather nervous,spooky sort..strange the way people want to ride out with Polo and I when they have neds with issues its not like he's a school master but I do actually get this alot!?!
Funnily enough i'd say this pony would be a definate ulcer candidate,he's so on edge and sensitive to the extreme but no point mentioning it to YO as she's just not the type to listen or give it a go.Shame cos he really is a stunning pony with not a bad bone but seems so unhappy and on edge all the time:(
Think ive said it before but the wind doesnt bother Polo at all or make him anymore spooky so we had a lovely hack with a good old blast coming home up the hill leaping the stiles on the way..well Caroline said go for a gallop.

Still havent had time to go over the groundwork DVD again so didnt do anything much with Ali other than feet and a good brush..im pretty happy about the splint it seems to be settling down at last and has felt cool all week.Im going to stick to the month off that I originally said though cos I dont want to start then have it flare up AGAIN.
He's put so much weight on and his neck is unbelievable..i'll have to get some new pics think you'll get a suprise.
I'll have a look at the dvd tonight then see how we go tomorrow if I get stuck i'll give you a shout Claire.

7 comments:

Claire said...

nicola, i learnt today that PMG is having a clinic at Rock this weekend; would you fancy a run up to spectate on Sunday? (I assume one can....)

my lesson wednesday starts at 11, but there's a possibility of moving it to Richmond EC - my mate who was going to be away isn't, jumped at the chance to watch, and said if the weather's bad she'll fetch wagon and take us there (she knows the people.....).

Claire said...

or, re PMG, he says he's up again in February...

Jean said...

Polo surely is a good sort to be lead horse for rides out. I bet he considers it a matter of pride to show the silly ones just how to behave...well mostly how to behave.*G*

I am getting the feeling your Polo has a huge personality and an ego to match. Love a horse with a mind of his own.

No rush with AliG. Give the splint time to heal. Winter is no time to try to get into a regular training routine anyhow.

Muriel said...

Maybe Polo is not a schoolmaster but you are :-) !!!

How lucky you are to have so many trainers. I would love to audit a PMG clinic.
I like him best than Heather ...

cptrayes said...

awwwwww I'm jealous now! I'd love a gallop!

C

Nicola said...

I love a gallop Caroline,still grin about the day we galloped up the field with Tia and Tetley,huge difference for me to ride a TB so it was great.

Claire ive had a couple of lessons at Rock with PMG but Polo kind of burnt his bridges there as he was pretty naughty{sigh}:0
He needed frequent lessons to get over being so objectionable(as we were able to do with Ryan) so one every other month wasnt working,plus it was alot of money to spend when your horse is being a nutter for the majority of the lesson!
Now AliG with PMG would be a different kettle of fish..I think it would be fantastic for us its just getting up there!
You can watch Claire ,I know Caroline who owns the place well.
Im out on the town tonight with the girls so would depend on the extent on my hangover really :)))

You are totally right Jean he always behaves when the other horse's are loosing it..and yes he has a huge personality!
Just before I bought him the owner was basically selling up and everyone who came to see the other horse's ended up trying to buy him,he's got 'something' for sure.

Funny you should say that Muriel my yard friend M always says I give her confidence and will do more when im with her.

Claire said...

glad i didn't head off for Rock - the a1 was closed for 3 hours, someone rolled his car...