Sunday 4 November 2007

..and yet more long reining!

Polo had the day off today and AliG went out for more long reining.
I was going to get on at the end for 10mins but A)forgot to pick up my hat and B) the arena was being used so we just went for a wander.My brother had a bit of a hangover so we didnt go too far and get out on the roads but still went out for forty five minutes or so.There were some 'boy racers' parked along the lane which comes off the fields, on the way back they had moved onto the track AliG walked so close when we passed them I thought he'd take their wing mirror off!
Polo always worries when something is 'there' thats not usually 'there' but Ali seems more interested and wants to investigate..he's such a naturally confident horse.
Im convinced he's happier now that he's getting regular work again.He wanders off in the field when I turn them out without that bored look or as if he's waiting for me to do something with him.
I can see im going to have to keep coming up with new idea's and activities for him or he'll be rolling his eyes at me:)

4 comments:

Jean said...

Nice to have a youngster who likes to work. Hope he keeps his positive attitude as his training progresses.

Muriel said...

AliG seems to be quite a self-confident horse. Is he dominanat with you? Not that you would let him do it. But just wondering.

It is great to have a curious horse. They learn fast.

Drivers ... I wrote about it on C's blog, so I won't reapeat myself, but maybe that is another reason my barefoot experiment did not work ... it was out of question to ride on road ...

Claire said...

sounds good, shame you couldn't get on.... next weekend then.

cptrayes said...

i'm sure I commented yesterday - where did it go?

C