Saturday 17 November 2007

Fit as fiddles.

EMRT(Bowen) lady came today and the verdict was they are both fine and dandy.
I had made the appointment around a month ago when Polo still wasnt 100% during the last couple of weeks he's felt pretty good but thought i'd let the appointment stand just to make sure.She was pretty impressed with how well he looked,infact she said she'd never seen him looking better!He was showing minute signs of atrophy behind his right shoulder previously which has now built back up.
Not sure how much of this is due to the WOW saddle or the fact he'd had alot of lessons and schooling earlier in the year,probably a bit of both. I have felt the saddle needs the air adjusting recently and this is probably why,saddle lady put a bit extra in the atrophy side.
Im digressing a bit but I was chatting to M the other day about when i'd rode AliG in the Fhoenix recently then I got back on the WOW I now much prefer it to the Fhoenix,took a while as I wasnt convinced for ages!
Back to Tracey...she noticed a difference in his demeanour,he's usually very resistant to any kind of treatment at first and there was none of that today.I mentioned he'd had a few weeks on Global restore after all the bute and antibiotics plus the ulcer theory.She was very interested and reckons there was a definate difference in him:)
Anyway she didnt think a treatment was crucial but it wouldnt hurt and would certainly help if there is any slight remaining niggles so I said go for it,he's got to have 3/4days off then back to work.

She then had a good feel off AliG and watched him move and said he's absolutely tiptop no point in doing anything with him.

She gave Ellie a treatment before coming to my two as M couldnt stay,she was quite concerned about the weight issue as they'd talked about this alot in the past.I mentioned that i'd tried to give bits of advice but it doesnt seem to help and I dont want to fall out with her so trying to keep my trap shut.
Tracey said she'l have a word with M next week about it all as she has to come back and see Ellie again.
Its a really difficult situation as M doesnt ride her more than 2/3times a week thinks is cruel to put her out without a rug if its cold or wet when she's got a full winter coat but then clips her fully out and puts a thin sheet on.
Personally I think the later is much more unkind and unnatural...how she hasnt caught a chill is beyond me:(
Believe it or not Ellie was brought in at 11 this morning then M was keeping her in tonight night because the weather forecast is bad,I could tell she wanted me to keep my two in but I said they werent standing in all day then all night and im leaving them out as long as they are happy and well,I put their rugs with necks on and they happily went out to play.

2 comments:

cptrayes said...

Shame about another 4 weeks off for AliG, bad luck. Glad the Bowen lady thought things were good though.

C

Jean said...

Good for Polo. You should be feeling really good about his condition. So, there is a possibility the ulcer theory has some merit? It all makes me wonder how many horses there are out there with ulcer issues no one ever discovers.

As for Ellie...some people just don't know how to properly care for their horses. It is so hard to try to ignore the things they do, especially when you see the horse every day. *sigh*