Sunday 11 November 2007

A possible new star?

..Buster that is:)) Dog talk first.
Mouse didnt get placed tough competition,big class and my showing 'mentor/breeder' said she was carrying a touch too much weight,reckon 2/3 more days and she would have been spot on.At this level you get anything even slightly wrong and wont get placed,im happy she's performing well(was very awkward at first wouldnt stand) and she's had two excellent placings this year qualifying her for Crufts so cant complain:)
Breeder offered to buy Buster on the spot,absolutely loved him and is convinced he's got it all..suggested going into partnership and getting him out as much as possible next year(he's too young at the mo),the entries arent cheap and mount up if you show two but I dont think I'll take him up on the offer.It would mean Buster going up to stay with him for a while and they are first and foremost my pets, I might change my mind if my lack of time and experience hold him back but I doubt it.
He pointed him out to several people and they all REALLY liked him,someone else tried to buy him:)) Buster's dad was there and uncle,they both got second.

Today I was playing catch up on all my jobs..house...horses etc.
Polo had another day off and AliG had a long reining session,better to go when I can rope someone in to walk with us and didnt have the time to do both.He was extremely forward today I struggled to keep up as times we were out for a nearly an hour and I think he enjoyed every minute of it!
I lifted his bed,made feeds for the week,poo picked and scrubbed out buckets too.

I eventually got round to scanning the pics of Polo jumping in the summer so here they come...he hadnt jumped anything much other than a log in many years so I was impressed,not bad for an old man!





6 comments:

Jean said...

Well, well, Buster the star. I know some pups show at a young age and do well, but those entry fees.... I didn't know you'd qualified for Crufts! They show the finals here in the USA on Animal Planet TV. I love to watch. Congratulations. That is one BIG show!

Love the pics of Polo jumping. Gives me fond memories of when I used to jump. Loved it back then. Today I do just a little. I'd have to be on a 100% reliable horse like my old Russell to do much more than a foot or so, but every now and then I do kind of miss it.

cptrayes said...

Polo missed his vacation - look at that bascule!

Wow - Buster sounds top notch if people were trying to buy him! Don't let his head get too big :-)

C

cptrayes said...

vOcation of course, not vAcation

Nicola said...

Bless him Buster's head is already huge..but thats just the shape of it:)))
I 'thought' he had something but you never know if its just your owner biase...doesnt sound like it though!
Yes Jean this is Mouse's second trip to Crufts which I still find a bit baffling as they are my pets first and foremost,we just kind of turn up here and there hoping for the best:)
Some of these breeders treat it like a full time job and show every weekend sometimes 6+ dogs,must cost them a fortune in entries and travelling.

///Polo missed his vacation - look at that bascule!////
There are a lot of trotters at the shows up here as they seem to have a good jump,lots of power in the backend;)They make excellent endurance horses too.
Polo has always really enjoyed it and is ultra carefull,can only remember him knocking a fence down once..ever.
That was the first 'proper' jump he'd done in about 7years so we didnt knock them up too big but he's always made a lovely job of it.The manic behaviour when getting him out and about has always held us back from doing more but hey thats him.

Vacation would be lovely righjt now.....sitting at work listening to the rain:(

Not alot to report rode Polo today and he was fabby, hopefully do something with both of them tomorrow.

Claire said...

you will be getting seriously fit there nicola! being able to eat as many chips as you want, I expect!

Buster - do you get stud fees for dogs? think you must! that's really good if they all think so much of him now, but you'll have to start guarding him. Who was the breeder?

Claire said...

what are you doing on the 5th december?