Wednesday 28 November 2007

Not as Easy as it Looks.

Hacked out yesterday on Polo with Jo for about 2hours.I was so tired it felt such an effort to hold myself upright,hate it when I feel like that I must feel cr#p to Polo cos my balance felt all out of sync, just walking felt like hard work!
Never mind he was very sensible and chilled so obviously didnt affect him too much.
Really must start getting back into the school again ive lost all disipline in that area at the minute,possibly need a couple of lessons to give me a kick up the butt and inspire me again.Trouble is hacking is more enjoyable to me (I like speed!)and Polo's being so good but the school work really makes a difference and long term will benefit him.

Tried a bit of the ground work from the Richard Maxwell DVD with Ali...flip it really isnt as easy as it looks!I need to watch it again felt like I was missing something or it could have been Ali was sensing I was tired cos it took quite a lot to get him to move..in any direction:0
Will study it and hopefully try again tomorrow,it is new to Ali too so I think his theory is if you dont understand something conserve energy and dont move:))))


Still lots of hormones flying around with the dogs,it must be ending soon...........
...............

3 comments:

Claire said...

if you'd like me to pop up and see if i can help? not that i'm max of course, but you'll recall i had molly seen by him back in june and I may be able to assist the process, it is different when the man himself does it!

partner away until 10th or 11th so if not this weekend, next (when we're not in harrogate....)

or of course, if you find you're not at work on the 5th....

Jean said...

Ah, sometimes it's just too hard to motivate yourself to accomplish things.

Don't know much about the Maxwell stuff, so I can't help there.

Hey, just go out on those hacks and have some fun! One of my former trainers once said, after I complained that I just wasn't ever going to be able to ride my horse to his full potential (he was so much better than I), "Do you really think your horse cares?"
If Polo is having fun too, then you are doing the best for you both.

cptrayes said...

I'm with Jean - a horse may be capable of doing Badminton, but he doesn't know that, or agonise about it. Hey - go for a gallop for me, the ground is all too wet around here!

C