Sunday 22 June 2008

What is going on.

The weather is making progress impossible,yesterday it belted down with rain all day and today we've had gale force winds its ridiculous and im getting pretty fed up.An indoor school would be very helpful at the minute I dont mind rain but it was cold too and it was far too wild today.

Ive done nothing today or yesterday other than the usual jobs.They were a bit crackers today,when I get them in Polo took off galloping and chased my mums dogs so got screamed at then tonight he took off doing one of those silly squeals when I turned out. AliG was slightly calmer but still charged across the field.The wind must be sending them loopy needless to say im pleased I didnt risk trying to do any work with either of them!:)

Yesterday I did an impromptu dog show,it was a little country village show which was nearby so thought we'd have a trip up.Well I pretty much cleaned up Buster got first in his class,Mouse got first,Minx got second the Mouse and Minx won best brace and to top it off Buster got reserve overall terrier.Dont get me wrong it wasnt exactly top show level but the judges were hunt terrier men so know good dogs.
The guy pulled me over when he gave Buster reserve and said what a cracking dog he was but he was more a Jack Russel man and was a bit unsure if Bust was a little big for the breed.I had a good chat and told him how well Buster was doing and although yes he's a big dog he is within the size limit.Guy loved him and said if he'd been more certain of the size limit he'd have won which would have qualified him for a big 'hunt' type show called the Cock of the North..shame cos I believe it has quite good prize money :)))
We got soaked through but we'd paid to get in before the really heavy stuff started so stuck it out cos the rosettes were really nice.

5 comments:

cptrayes said...

Now Nicola you are getting greedy :-)) Well done all of you. Are you getting my emails? They are bouncing. I sent one yesterday.

C

Nicola said...

I know i'll end up one of those stroppy people who has a tantrum when if I dont get placed:)))

No Ive not had any ,funnily enough ive tried to send you an email 3times over the past couple of days and every time it crashes and wont send!Wonder whats be going on??

Jean said...

Well, now, proof of the true quality of your dogs when the real working guys appreciate them. They may not be the top, nose in the air, big show judges, but they recognize good dogs and have no problems rewarding them.

Frankly, if I were you, I would be ten times more pleased with their compliments and awards than any you get in the bigger, politically charged breed shows.

And, I love your conversation with the judge--the Jack Russell man. He was honest and open about his knowledge and you were generous and understanding with his admitted lack of knowledge. Keep your tantrums for the big shows where they fit in with the demeanor of the rest of the competitors. Out here, where the real "dog men" are, graciousness is far more valued.

In the meantime, congratulations. Your pups are proving themselves over and over.

Oh, yes, the horses. Glad you didn't take a chance in the wind. Could have been really unnerving for everyone. Whew!!

Muriel said...

More photos of the winning dogs are necessary ^-^

Nicola said...

Yes Jean your completely right the 'terrier men' know their stuff..I was chuffed to bits!

Muriel ive got no pics at the shows which is stupid and I really should but I still have that feeling everytime that we arent going to get anywhere so dont plan and prepare very well:)