Wednesday 4 June 2008

Hot work

Ive been working day's this week as although the college is semi closed for two weeks we still have to be in to do 'paperwork' and other bits and bobs(very boring).
The hormones on the dog front have been more settled today but Mouse is starting now so the peace wont last long!:0
We did get away from work early and my friend from work was bored so volunteered to come longreining.I was naughty and lunged AliG for 5mins in the top field before we set off as he'd not been worked since Sunday when he was a bit hyper and I couldnt use the school as it was busy.I think YO's hubby might have seen me so im half expecting a slapped wrist next time I see them.It's the field they use for their horrendously bad hay(full of weeds and hay disappears in a puff dust!)I did stick right to the edge next to the muck heap but if YO is having a bad week she will pull me..which is fair enough I suppose.
Anyway AliG was most definitely NOT in a hyper mood today its safe to say,in fairness it has been an extremely hot day and I was too hot to be bothered:)
So he strolled off the yard dawdled down the lane, having a play with a wheelie bin on the way(friend was opening and shutting the lid much to his amusement),tappy lappied past the riding school then along the lane without a care in the world.He really is quite hilarious you can see him soaking everything in and almost whistling to himself.My friend said he's like a young kid you see walking home from school scuffing his shoes with a sachel on his back:)
He seemed to have a very nice time anyway.

My friend was puzzled then impressed when we arrived and I said "hang on I let Polo out for his wee he'll be desperate", took him on the verge he had a pee then put him back in his stable(he hates weeing in his stable) said she's never met a toilet trained horse before:)
They are coming in around 7.30am until teatime,im hoping with the restricted grazing and coming off it all day will help in the battle of the bulge,havent been able to feel any pulses in Polo's legs the past few days so that good.

Work all day tomorrow them im off from Friday for a week ..hurray!

3 comments:

Claire said...

hot? it's amazing how nippy it can get where i work. although it was a lovely day ... nice riding weather tonight.

does day shift agree with you then?

cptrayes said...

I had one once that used to get into the lorry and pee in a bucket. One day I threw it out straight over a friend of mine :-)
I had a mare who would come in at night and do the same. It's so useful isn't it!!!???

C

Jean said...

Darn. My horses like to go IN the stall and pee. *sigh*

AliG is quite a character. The "reluctant schoolboy" description fits him perfectly. I could see him shooting paperballs in class too....*lol*