Friday 26 October 2007

Work this one out if you can...

...how is it that ive had a week off work and yet I seem to have less time?!?!Anyway thats my excuse for not keeping the blog updated:))))
Trying to think what we've been upto this week its all a bit of a blur to be honest.I'll start with AliG as he's done less and goes without saying is 'Mr Perfect' so less to report!
Well AliG has had a couple of long reining session's this week with my brother and dog in-tow.On Monday we went into 'our' usual stubble field to find tractors ploughing it (how inconsiderate of them), so we turned round to come back out when one of the idiot drivers followed us out the field he came far to close but Ali didnt react other than a tiny little jump,Polo would have freaked.We then detoured up the lane past the neighbours house with the little dog that ambushes all the horse's ,no reaction,past the horse's in the fields who got really excited to see a horse being long reined so started bucking and galloping round the fields.Well AliG at this point lost the plot and.....................hehe did I get you? well obviously there was no reaction!
Just thinking maybe its not the long reining that seems to excite the other horse's it could be the fact he's sooo lush?!?
Hopefully roping brother in to help again tomorrow I wanted to have a couple of short sessions in the school this week with him but all the kids have been off so the arena has been in use everytime I pass plus his splint looks a bit bigger to me so thought best not(sure its not just my eyes).

Polo's been ridden most days which he thinks is extremely unfair,dont think the fact Alig gets his feed ball with treats in helps,it keeps AliG happy when he's left in by himself;).
Oh and Polo's going into manic mode again for some reason;(.
Im not ruling out the ulcer because although he's been getting the Ranitidene I dont think he's getting enough(works out so expensive) so im going to order the human omprazole and try this ,might as well pay for the good stuff to give it a proper chance of success.Ive also read on IHDG someone made up a herbal ulcer treatment they were recommended with good success so its something to look into if I see results.
It could also be that im 'trying' to take it easy with him and he needs more work,today we had a shortish route planned but he was just acting like a spooky nutter on the way out so we took a de-tour coming back up the hills and had a bit of a blast.I know probably shouldnt but he feels sound on half a bute every other day and I cant see the point in letting him escalate things and kill me :0 ... he walked home on a loose rein no more shying.
Polo had his feet done yesterday,im so pleased with them he actually has proper frogs now which I never thought would happen.I barely have to think about his feet other than monthly trimming and the odd spray with Cider vinegar/tea tree oil so thats cool;)
I also clipped his neck and chest out yesterday,just a really low one cos he's been sweating quite a bit,Ali watched all this with interest.

Right thats me updated for now..trimmed my mates 4horses today too so ready for a hot bath.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Did you get the web link to the guy who sells the generic omeprazole in horse size pills? 3 a day. http://www.ponymeds.com/ He does ship worldwide. I didn't use the rantidine long enough to notice if it worked because I got the Ulcergard right away.

The meds are so expensive, but if they work, it's really worth it. Trouble is, if they don't then you've spent a tone of money to no avail.

What a honey AliG is proving to be. If he keeps that attitude when he's finally under saddle, is is going to be a complete joy to ride. Lucky you!

Claire said...

there you are! the trouble with writing a blog with regular readers is that we'll all notice your absence...

cptrayes said...

The splint may get bigger for 3 months before it gets smaller again Nicola. That's normal, don't worry about it!

C