Tuesday 30 October 2007

Bit of road work.

Jo managed to free herself this morning so text to say she could come out with AliG for his long reining.Decided to walk along the lane and hit the roads today,he seemed totally unfazed when I was riding him but that was alongside another horse so thought it was time to see what he's like by himself.He was unsettled going out calling for his pals and when we passed other horse's in the fields but it didnt affect his behaviour and he was his usual sensible self.He had one spook at the corner of the lane as an old woman was feeding the donkeys over the fence,dont think he could work out what was going on plus the sun was really low so doubt that helped matters.He tried to turn but I stopped him no problem then Jo went infront and led him past to show him it was ok.He was absolutely fine on the roads dont think traffic will be a problem for him but I want to do more,just a pity we've got to walk for a about a mile along the lane to get to the busier road!
I now have a huge blister on my foot where my boots have had a hole in the insole and rubbed so im hobbling around and also got a headache with squinting in the sun..the things you do eh!
Polo had the day off today.

5 comments:

cptrayes said...

Sun! You weren't in the same country as me today then :-)

Glad the baby is behaving well.

C

Claire said...

sounds like you need some good walking boots....

Jean said...

Your poor feet. That's no fun.

Still, AliG is a star no matter what working him does to your toes. His behavior almost makes it worth the pain.

Traffic around here is right at my front door and to be honest, I would not even want to ride the quietest horse in the world on my road. One tractor trailer (big lorry with a trailer attached) would wipe us out in a second! *shiver*

Muriel said...

Hoorah again for Alig !

You can ask Father Christmas some boots ... good excuse isn't it the blister in you foot.

Nicola said...

The boots have been the best ones ive ever had(Ariat Grassmere)but to be honest ive worn them to death to the point the insole has worn out:).A new pair is on my Xmas list but i'll get some new insoles for these too.. they have alot more wear in them apart from that.

I want AliG to be traffic proof after all Polo's issues with traffic.The farm is near lots of bridleways I could do no roadwork other than going along the lane but I really would like to be able to take him anywhere and not be limited.Plus the lane gets plenty cars,tractors and horseboxes using it so I just dont want it to be an issue.
We arent far from the military road so we see tanks and allsorts but I think he's going to take it all in his stride if I do this the right way.