Monday 8 October 2007

Long reining and PICS!













Nothing horsey Saturday other than feed and poo pick. Didnt get anywhere at the dog show which I'd expected cos her coat isnt 100% right,having said that it is a very clicky show and ive never once been placed there but its on my doorstep so may as well go.










Rode Polo on Sunday and he was pretty good,got a bit wound up coming home cos he 'thought' he could see something about to eat him but pretty chilled for him.He on the Ranitidene for the moment ,I cant find anywhere you can buy the Ulcerguard etc over here but I think Ive found somewhere I can buy the human version, just going to be working out the dosage that'l be the hard part!
Ali had a brush and feet picked out(good again).

Today I rode Polo in the school,I put the pelham in to see how he went and he was definately softer but I still dont think he's quite right.Im going to ring the vet tomorrow to see if they can come have a look and possibly get him some physio,he didnt half hit the fence and I reckon walloped his side on a post so there could be more underlying damage than just the abscess.Its gone through the insurance now anyway so a few physio sessions will just get added on that too.

AliG got longreined today,I was expecting him to be a bit silly because he's done nothing for a week and a half and has been,well lets just say feeling the weight of himself since Ellie broke in with him and Polo(she's now in season).
He was a star ..bet your getting sick of me now:) but he really enjoyed it.Marina walked alongside him at his head to start with then unclipped him because he was fine and listening to me.He walked out really well so im going to do this for the next week or two so he's not missing out on work but isnt getting the strain on his leg with me not on his back.Poor Marina nearly keeled over trying to keep up,she does have asthma and a bit of arthritis :0 so ive roped Jo into helping me tomorrow.





...pics are probably at the top but anyway they are 'there' somewhere.

5 comments:

cptrayes said...

What a bottom :-)))))

C

Muriel said...

Jealous jealous jealous ... perfect three years old.

My next horse will be the same line than AliG Na!

Nice bottom too ^-^

Claire said...

pics are a pain.

what you have to do after you've put them in the post is drag them down to where you actually want them.

alternatively, put them in before you type and then type round them, but i'm not convinced that that would work as well....

Jean said...

Pulling the pics into place is the only way. However, sometimes that messes up the text formatting.

Nice backside on AliG, there. Nice path to long line on too. I love his laid back attitude.

Have you noticed any difference in Polo that is not part of his "normal" behavior on the ranitidine? Wish the omeprazole were not so expensive. However, try this website: http://www.ponymeds.com/

Nicola said...

His bum has filled out loads,it was a baby bum when he arrived:)

Jean I'd say Polo is more chilled recently but he's always had these up and down periods where Ive thought I had him sussed then he becomes manic again so its a bit too soon to say.
The human ones I found seemed quite reasonably priced but not sure how to work out how many to give him so they may not be depending how many tablets he'd need.All the info ive found re ulcers and the treatment has just said 1/4of syringe etc not how many mg's of the omperazole they need?

AliG is very laid back but not entirely perfect if you read todays entry......