Friday 12 October 2007

Busy Bee.

Well ive been pretty busy today!Finished work this morning and went to collect our new electric fence gear and some shavings I get these free from hubby's friend who has his own joinery business saves a good bit of money,shavings are so expensive!
Came home collected dogs then went up farm to meet Jo who said she'd walk out while I long rein AliG.He was fab again seems to really enjoy it and walks out really well no help needed from Jo but I think its a good idea to have someone with us 'just incase' while its new to him.
I might start riding him in the school a couple of times next week combine this with two longreining sessions until im 100% happy with his leg.I think this is the ideal for now,the school work will be on soft ground and I'll keep it short and steady and he's still getting out and about with the long reining without me on him while working on harder ground.
I then sorted out Ellie's paddock,we bought a new energiser for this cos the existing one is already going around the whole field to avoid more incidents with barewire so we thought its probably working to its maximum. Also bought some higher post for Ellie's paddock incase AliG cant contain his lust for Ellie:)...that seems to be on the wain anyway thank god!
So Ellie is now back out with the boys in her re-inforced strip.
I then turfed out both of their stables,new shavings etc.

I had all intention of riding Polo but it was getting on a this point and I'd only had 3and a bit hours sleep the day before so was flagging by this point.His lumps have gone down loads but his legs are a bit filled but less than yesterday,he's going to be wearing his magnetic boots while in the stable. Tomorrow im just going to take him out for a plod..ahem..well thats the plan unless 'he' has other ideas then go on the Echinecia hunt.

Incidentally im finding it really weird that im needing less sleep and an hour or two seems to be recharging my batteries.
I felt more tired Tuesday after having 5/6hours on my sleep in whereas I moved onto my waking nights WedmI couldnt sleep at all throught the day then went through till Thurs afternoon having 3&half hours and have had an hour this afternoon.
Dont get me wrong I feel tired but im still able to get on a do my normal stuff...I am craving rubbish food though:(
Wonder how long the body can keep this up..will it reach burn-out or do the short sleeps do enough to keep you going?

4 comments:

Claire said...

free shavings ... you lucky girl.

I once had those, ex friend knew a supplier .. but she moved and he was only there through the week and is now closed down...

Jean said...

Used to get my shavings from the carpentry shop at school. Then the new teacher changed the system and the dusty stuff and good stuff kind of mix together. I might try again, though. There is another carpentry shop at the school where I might get some better bedding. Have to ask. Just haven't thought of it as I really don't use bedding in the warm weather.

Magnetic boots are great! I used them a lot on my old guy and when Toby's hocks were sore, I used them with great success.

Smart to take someone with you when AliG goes out on the lines. Better safe than sorry, at least for now. He should be fine for some light riding.

Polo on a plod? How likely is that? *G*

Muriel said...

Yep Polo on a plod hmmm .... he must not very well.

So AliG is behaving now, Ellie is not in heat anymore ....
Wait for three weeks ... Then you will see LOL!

Sleep deprivation at teh beginning is easy. The less I sleep, the more hyper I become. But watch out for the breakdown, when you will have to work days again.
Maybe try to sleep more but 2hrs there and another 2hrs to end with 6hrs/day .

cptrayes said...

AAAAGGGHHHH No no no. I'm an 8 hour a day girl - AND I nap in the afternoon :-0000