Monday 3 March 2008

Yeah we ARE famous!

Well we were in the paper..pretty inacurate(spelling im really tired!?) and I DEFINATELY didnt describe them as "cheeky scamps" at anytime but hey not complaining fame at last:)))

I've been on a course all day today for work so have been off this evening which makes a nice change.The course finished at 4pm so dashed home got changed and got Polo out for a half hour hack.
Im still not happy about him he feels better in some respects but he's still not 100% and doing the dropping of the shoulder about the same.He has the last Adequan injection this week so it should have kicked in if it was going something it could fix sooo im going to ring the vet tomorrow but I think my next plan is rest.Im a great believer in leaving alone and seeing how things go and even if I agree to him having tests now they probably would say rest so im going to try this first.
Im going to ride him for the rest of this week,last injection is Wednesday, then if he's still doing it,which I know he will be, i'll give him all of March off and possibly April.He's perfectly happy in the field so if rest doesnt work I'll have a re think to see if anything can be done, it may just be a case of him being a pasture pet which is fine by me although I will miss riding him.

I then did Ali's rope work/lunging in the field which is a first.He was rather put out at first but actually did better than I though he would especially considering the field is on a slope and YO was turning out and bringing horses in at the same time..so lots of distractions.

Off to eat a nice Indians for tea now...yum yum!

4 comments:

cptrayes said...

Salaam oh great one.

Thank goodness for Ali. Did you have an inkling you'd need him when you bought him???

C

Jean said...

So hard to get a 100% accurate report in the newspapers. I've taken to emailing my quotes to the local reporter of one paper and now, I find my words exactly as I "said" them. Still, it is fun to see your name in print. And were there pics too???

Sorry the Adequan didn't seem to help Polo. But, if the problem is more muscular in nature, it might not. Do you have an acupuncture vet around? I've seen that work wonders and a good acupunturist often finds the cause of a problem with the examination.

Bless AliG. He is really making Polo's issues easier to bear. You have a truly nice horse to work with in the meantime.

Nicola said...

Weird but I really didnt have any thoughts of having two horse's.The work Polo was producing last year during my lessons with Ryan certainly gave no indication this would happened less than 12month down the line!

Claire said...

but borders ARE cheeky scamps! the journal's better than most, i think, but they all compress and put different words in, change the order and in some cases you can just tell they've put the beginning of one sentence and the end of another together ....