Saturday 22 March 2008

Its my Birthday!

Ive obviously reached 'that age' when birthdays are just another day!
Anyway im 36 before you ask but a young looking 36 as Caroline kindly said previously..{snigger}..unfortunately I dont feel young at the minute:0
Done absolutely nothing special today other than have my breakfast cooked for me by my mum then mope around hoping the sleet and snow would die off.
I did get lots of money for my birthday which is going towards my trip to ST Piran's at the end of next month for some intensive lessons with Rachel.
I did bid on some of the Richard Mawell longreins on Ebay tonight but they shot up to the price of nearly new so I abandoned my bidding.

The weather did ease off teatime so AliG had a rope circling session in the school,he was very good AND someone else was in the school lunging their horse.He was very good considering I usually wait to use the school when its empty (not our school so dont like to take the mick) although it did make him a little bouncy and more forward he was sensible with it,he only tried to turn in a couple of times and was maintaining the pace nicely without pressure.
He was very sweet afterwards as I chatted to Jo and YO he stood patiently waiting he loves to be in the thick of it but doesnt hassle for attention.

I got my insurance form back from the vet and she's recommended Polo have physio so thats good as this can also go through the insurance.I reckon by next year I'll probably cancel both their insurances as Polo's going to have too many exclusions to make it worthwhile and 'when'they go up again its probably going to be more viable to bank the money every month,im paying nearly £80 a month now.



They are both in again tonight as the weather forecast isnt good for the next few days.

3 comments:

Claire said...

congratulations on the birthday, ouchy on the insurance premiums!

i reckon they go up just because vets, like the rest of us, put their prices up.... not necessarily because of any specific injury to the horse...

cptrayes said...

Ouch! £80 a month!!

Happy Birthday young'un

C

Jean said...

Ouch on the insurance. That's a lot to pay out each month.

I had insurance on PJ for a while. Then he had a surgery. They paid and the next year, my premium went up as much as they paid out the year before. Got rid of it.

Happy Birthday!! I don't make too much of birthdays any more myself...course I am older....a lot...*G* Sounds as if you are going to make great use of the birthday money. All that horse experience will be the best gift you could ever get.