Saturday 15 March 2008

Not as bad as expected.

I really stuggled to pull myself out of bed this morning even though I had a lie in!I eventually dragged myself up,after snoozing the alarm several times,then went up to the farm.
I'd not been there 2mins and Polo popped his head round the shed to see me with AliG right behind him...must have heard me arrive which isnt difficult with the dogs running riot as they do:)
I put them their stables with some haylage to tuck into while I went off to poo pick.We have a mole in the field at the minute and its driving me mad with all the mole hills its incredible the distances they cover... industrious creatures thats for sure!
I tacked ALiG up and off we went for a hack.I'll admit I wasnt really looking forward to riding him after his laziness of yesterday but he walked off the yard and I didnt have to push him on that often for the whole ride.
I decided to take him alone the lane then around a field he'd not been in before doing a loop then coming back he was slightly nonplussed when we turned off the track. I trotted him up the hill along the edge of the field then all the way along the top then instead of going back down the field I spotted a gap in the hedge that we could get through which would take us back onto the road.He was baffled as it was narrow with quite a steep drop down onto the road you can almost hear his brain working as he thinks thing's out.He cautiously approached got between the hedge then stopped looking at the drop,I had my fingers crossed he didnt decide to launch himself as they sometimes do with a drop but he steadily walked down with just a little skid.
He walked home lovely ,I had that feeling he would have like to have gone further as he was enjoying himself so let him have a root around the farm on the way back exploring the farm equipment and YO's stables.

I was really pleased with him when we got back and Im sure he knew it.I fed them both then had a good turf out of their stables before coming home.

Im off on the town with the girls tonight so what we do tomorrow will depend entirely on the extent of my hangover:)))

5 comments:

Claire said...

did that take him past his "spot" then? good on him with that drop!

Jean said...

Good for AliG! Hills and drops are a major challenge for youngsters. He must be pretty confident in his balance to take in on so well.

Hangover? You could always not drink too much. *G* (Not likely. Have fun.)

Claire said...

hos the head then, nicola?

Nicola said...

His balance on uneven ground is rubbish Jean I just think he's brave enough to have a go with a bit of encouragement:))
////Hangover? You could always not drink too much. *G* (Not likely. Have fun.)/////
Now that just wouldnt be polite:))))

Hangover's not too bad, I couldnt face riding though!
But we've been out for a 4mile walk with the dogs tonight so the cobwebs are well and truly blown away.
Minx and Buster were on hyper drive as they had a couple of rabbit chase's.

cptrayes said...

Moles! Don't talk to me about MOLES. Endagered species???? Not around here they aren't!!!

C