Saturday 22 September 2007

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed!

Not the boys,ME for some reason!
I just felt a grump and irritable today for some reason, I slept for around 12hours which is extreme for me but ive been surviving on 2-4hours sleep Monday to Friday so its obviously caught up with me but you'd think i'd have felt great this morning?

Anyway rode both today despite the dour mood.Took Polo in the school first we literally did 20mins as he's unfit and never done any schooling for 6weeks.He was very forward,there was another horse in the school to impress mind;), his nose was in the air and he'd forgotten how to bend but he did soften a little bit in the end.I was quite pleased considering and he actually seemed to enjoy going into the arena which is fab as he used to hate flatwork and really play up.

AliG went solo again today short hack as he'd had a long one yesterday,I wouldnt have rode him today but im helping my friend at her show tomorrow so will be tied up all day.
He was very good by himself, it doesnt seem to matter to him if there's another horse there or not to be honest so im going to start building it up how much he does by himself.
Nearly forgot to say the next door neighbours dog always jumps up and barks when you ride past,Ali jumped at this on the way out but coming back didnt react when it barked...how good is that!

I'll try get few pics of Ellie at her show tomorrow..hopefully she'l do ok.

6 comments:

Jean said...

Posted about the ulcer meds on the comments to your post from yesterday.

Polo and AliG sound like my Tucker and Chance. One an explosion waiting to happen and the other, hardly disturbed by an explosion.

Nothing like getting up crabby in the morning. Trouble with me is if I sleep badly, them I'm likely to have thrown my neck out which then leads to the headaches. Eech.

While you're helping Ellie show I MAY be showing Tucker. We'll see. The shoes are still on anyhow. Hopefully my neck will stay adjusted this time. AND that it will cool off. It is warm and humid here in NJ...yucko!

Nicola said...

Good luck tomorrow Jean,I be thinking about you when im freezing my butt off..meant to be wet,cold and windy and Holmside is on the top of a hill although the arena is indoors!
Yes my back and shoulders were stiff this morning:(

Read about the meds interesting ..read some articles about the symptoms and causes I wouldnt say Polo was typical but still wouldnt rule it out.He's certainly not ribby and always glows with health?

Jean said...

Tucker is fat and glowing as well, so none of the poor doer symptoms at all. In his case it's just the erratic behavior.

My older boy is a cribber and I have long suspected ulcers. I am going to put him on the generic medication to see if it makes a difference. He is a "good keeper" too.

cptrayes said...

I put a comment about walk on your earlier posting now I'm back on this planet Nicola.

I applaud you being brave and taking a 3 year old out on his own. I've always been looked at oddly for doing the same, but I LIKE riding alone, so my horses have to do it too :-))) It sounds as though he's doing absolutely great for a 3 year old.

C

Muriel said...

Oh Ali is ace. Where did you find him? At st Piran's stud?

A 3yrs old behaving this way is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!

Nicola said...

Yes Muriel Ali came from St Pirans well they brought him over from the stud in Madrid that they have links with.They certainly do a good job he's so sensible!

Yes Caroline I do a fair bit of riding by myself so might as well get on with it. I dont want him relying on other horses for confidence.Alot of people would class Polo as a horse who cant be hacked alone but we do cos he has too:))

Jean.I got a bit confused with some of the different webside regarding which medication to use they seemed to contradict themselves, which is the main ingredient that helps resolve the actual ulcer?
Really tempted to try polo with some but dont want waste money on the wrong thing..oh and how did you work out how much to give them?