Monday 24 September 2007

A quick one.

...im at work and just about to go to bed,on 4till 11 sleep over then couple hours in morning same again tomorrow then 2waking nights(dont know whether im coming or going at the moment with shifts!)
Anyway did nothing other than feed,T/O and do stables.Had too much to do at home with being away all day yesterday so was playing catch up.
Ali was a bit funny with picking his feet out when he first came just would plant them but he's doing really well at picking them up now so that all to report really ....oh and they have their sheets on tonight for the first time.
I suppose I was making allowances for Ali on hacks cos I knew he'd never been out and about so was thinking he had alot to take in but your absolutely right Caroline I dont want this tappy lapping along to become a habbit.

Buster,Minx and Mouse are Border Terriers Jean..fantastic little dogs but need masses of exercise luckily Polo loves them coming out when we ride so I usually take them with us a couple of times a week.Will wait till Buster's a bit older and more savvy, he is far too cocky around them and has been stood on twice.I dont let him in the stable or near when Im doing stuff with the horses but he squeezed under the stable door the first time and escaped out of the stable the second time,Typical male eh!!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Border terriers. Not too familiar with that breed. I do watch Crufts if I can catch it on Animal Planet here in the US. I will have to pay more attention to the terrier breeds I don't know. He is a cute as anything, but I do see that "terror terrier" gleam in his eye. *G*

Ulcergard/Gastrogard is the drug omeprazole. Must be available in Britain. Could be the cause of some of Polo's behavior.

By the way, my horses are out 24/7 with free run of the barn, run in sheds and stalls. Very rarely I keep them in. I had Tucker from a yearling, but according to Patrice some horses are just "born with ulcers." He is a bit of a worrier--has a vivid imagination and was, as a youngster, impossible to ride on the show grounds.

Patrice emailed me and said the ulcer treatment would show its effects after the first few doses, so she is sure it made the difference in him. Now she wants me to work on his sugar intake as she thinks he is insulin resistant. *sigh*

Nicola said...

MMmmm thats really interesting Polo has always led a pretty natural life but is an anticipator of problems..he's always worrying about whats coming around the corner for example AND horrendous at shows or around large groups of horses.
Im pretty certain ive got his diet sussed no molasses/cereals in anything and most of this summer he and Ellie have been strip grazed but weight/excitability on certain feeds or good grass has def been an issue in the past.
Ok im going to look at the chemist over the weekend got to be worth trying!
Could kick myself ive always put his behaviour down to the riggyness and hormones and it could be a flipping ulcer:(!

Yes they are REAL terriers but fabulous with people and kids unlike some other terriers..Minx is the hunter of the outfit she's a killer through and through but is the most cuddliest dog ive ever had.

Claire said...

my ex friend Liz (who bred Molly) breeds borders down in lincolnshire now.

Did you know Liz Chisholm? parents have hallyards farm, where there used to be dressage comps for the riding club in the summer, don't know if they still happen there...