Tuesday 22 July 2008

Would you Adam and Eve it!

Well I received my new Fhoenix replacement,decided against risking another Vogue, and I cant quite believe this but the left flap is set on too far forward exactly the same as it was on the Vogue.Its about 2inchs further forward on the left than the right so its not exactly a tiny fault to have been missed,soon as I sat on the saddle I saw it instantly..im really cheesed off about this!
I paid postage to return the Vogue that was faulty and am going to have to pay postage AGAIN to return this plus its all the time and hassle.Emailed Gill but not had a reply yet im going to email Heather and tell her whats happened and go from there.
The saddle felt very nice and I dont think its as faulted as the Vogue was but ive paid enough and expect a perfect saddle.

Sad news my rabbit died last night he seemed a little quiet through the day but I thought it was because it had been so hot but obviously he had something else going on:(

AliG was funny the other day he had a right strop on then I added to his annoyance by expecting him to work.Took him in the field and did the rope circling work,he's so much forward now and rarely tries to stop he was still not amused but was actually working and responding very well.Jo was watching and one of he kids did 'something' which made Ali spook he leapt forward I hung on he skidded then fell over flat on his side he got up looking rather stunned!

Yesterday I took him in the school I stayed mainly in walk incase he was a bit sore from falling over.I concentrated on getting him to walk on staying in the same rhythm he's definitely starting to cotton on and im getting a much better quality walk,he does find it hard he was grunting and blowing just in walk.I was pleased with him definitely an improvement again from last time.

Had a dog day today and took them all off to the beach,my mum's three too it was a gorgeous day hot and sunny.Buster had his first swim which was hilarious because he jumped in a pool after the GSD not realising it was so deep so basically he had to learn to swim then and there:)He wasnt fazed at all and was swimming quite happily,Sky his granny is a proper water babe so maybe he's taken after her:)

Two more sleeps at work and then im off............

9 comments:

Jean said...

"Gorgeous, hot and sunny???" The "hot" part you can have.

So sorry about the bunny. Must have been something wrong, as you say. It's always hard to lose a pet, regardless of the reason. My sympathy.

Maybe AliG's fall will knock some sense into him. I recall a few times when Russell R. fell down when he was misbehaving. Whatever he was doing wrong at the time was instantly cured, since he realized he'd caused his own crash.

How frustrating about the saddle. Is there some kind of quality control issue here? It's not fair for you to have to keep paying the return postage. I would hope they would reimburse you since it's their fault. 2 inches is a pretty big discrepancy. I don't blame you for being upset. Good luck with the exchange.

Muriel said...

ASk a refund for the Phoenix? Or do you want REALLY that saddle ?
I am not impressed by the quality of production, maybe Nurseys has enough to make saddle???
They are not saddle maker in the first place, aren't they?

Sorry for your bunny. How old was he?

Can you post more pics from your dogs?
You are so lucky to have the sea-side so close ^-^

Nicola said...

The trouble is Muriel because of how wide AliG is (and I mean he's totally flat backed WIDE)and the fact he's changing shape & will continue doing so for a while yet the Fhoenix is perfect.Plus he goes really well in and I find it comfy.
If it wasnt for this I honestly would be going elsewhere after this!
And no they arent saddle makes..I surely cant be the only only having these problems?!

Bun was about 5/6 bless he was such a sweet thing very cuddly and calm.I only ended up with him cos OH found a rabbit running around his garden caught her and the next day she had a load of babies,we rehomed them all and I kept him.

We have the best of both worlds up here the beach is 15mins drive, the Northumberland countryside is less again and we are pretty close to the Scottish borders and you dont get better scenery than Scotland.
I managed to leave my phone at home so didnt get any pics but im off from tomorrow so they'll be getting lots of trips out..i'll take some next time I promise:)

cptrayes said...

Now you know how I fell out with Heather. I tried to tell her about the QA problems with Nurseys but she attacked me. I told her that I would move Smartie's diary because it was getting 400 reads a day and those people were being exposed to selling messages about saddles that were often being sent out faulty. All hell broke loose then!

You can demand your postage back, both directions, and you should have been refunded postage in both directions on the Vogue as well.

I understand why you want to stick with it, the Fhoenix is basically a really decent treeless. Just such a shame about the QA that lets them send out markedly asymmetric saddles.

C.

C

Claire said...

how very very depressing.

try contacting Fiona instead.

and I told you, you should have bought mine LOL then i could have had the grief of wrestling with a new vogue...

enlighteneduk said...

I think Nicola, that I have been very fair over this. I have admitted that Nurseys are at fault- but it is extremely rare, and also embarrassing that this has happened twice.

Nurseys are the most honourable company I have ever had the pleasure to deal with, very different to some saddlers I have been thoroughly ripped off by, and they would always ensure that the customer is satisfied.

I have dealt with Nicola's complaint personally, rather than Fiona having to do so, as she was not involved with the original sale, and I have asked Nurseys to lend Nicola a saddle until her own is made, or to refund her money if she no longer wants a saddle. I dont think we can be any fairer than that, and I regret that Nicola finds it necessary to air this in public when all is being done to rectify the problem. If we were refusing to admit the problem, or refund the money, then fair enough, but this is not the case.

Muriel, we have sold nearly 2000 saddles and we have had nothing but praise for Nurseys quality of work, and also honouring any -rare- faults or repairs needed.

If any of you would like to see the many testimonials we have for the quality and comfort of the saddle, and the excellent customer care service we offer, I am very happy to send them to you.

Heather Moffett

Nicola said...

Could I just clarify Heather that this wasnt posted to air things in public it's my blog and I generally put 'whats going on today' in it!
If I'd wanted to air things there are numerous sites I could have posted on I wouldnt have posted on my blog that hardly anyone reads(well to my knowledge!).
Also it was posted before I'd had any reply or communication about the saddle. I didnt post it after i'd spoken you if that was the case i'd have said the matter was being resolved.
Im coming back for my third saddle here so im hardly slating the saddles but will admit to being a tad exasperated in getting a second iffy saddle in a row.

Ive replied to your pm on EE Heather so will leave it at that.

Ps.Just for the record I was going to post an update to say i'd spoken to you and you were hugely apologetic and it was being sorted to my satisfaction.

cptrayes said...

The customer service offered by EE on the issue of goods which are not fit for purpose is no more than the Sale of Goods Act requires.

And yet the customer who spent the best part of £1000 seems to be expected to be grateful?

C.

cptrayes said...

QA problems rare on EE saddles - it doesn't seem terribly difficult to find examples, look at the asymmetry on this one, numbered in the 1450's so not an early one.

On eBay :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/heather-moffett-treeless-suberpanel-saddle-black-suede_W0QQitemZ120293738912QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120293738912&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318