Saturday 19 July 2008

I have news!

Ive been neglecting blogs lately,are there less hours in the day or is it just me?,
my body is shutting down im sure because it knows holidays are close (one more week!) im feeling very tired and lacking in energy but not long to go and one whole month off:)

Anyway the news is im going to be a Granny!No I dont have a secret child who has given birth its Mouse:0
I didnt say anything until I knew for sure but they should be due anytime from the 11th of August I took her for a scan yesterday to make sure,even though I was 99.9% certain, and the good news is there is more than one and quite probably four!One would be bad as that would almost certainly mean a cesarean,it would be too big.
Mouse is definitely looking after herself she's very mellow,doesnt come in the field with the horse's and just lies watching me poo pick while the other two run around,very different from Minx who was still running around until the week before the pups came.
I warn you now im going to be a nervous wreck until its over and done with but everything crossed it will all go well and we should have puppies.:)))
Oh and Im hoping to keep another depending if OH is game..four I must be mad!!!:0

AliG has been a good boy this week had two longreining sessions and an hour in the school working on the things from our lesson.
He was getting a bit mad in the school as I was insisting he respond and go forward keeping the rhythm and did one small cow kick,mini buck type thing.He's having a laugh if he thinks that would do anything he's not seen the bucks ive sat on Polo..he's a true master:))
Denise said he just hasnt figured out that he keeps going until I ask for something else,typical baby, so to spent the next few weeks working on rhythm and getting a quick response to my aid.She reckons once he's 'got' this then life will be much easier as he should be thinking much more forward.There's a huge difference to his canter and me sitting to it when he's travelling better D said he was just bouncing up and down like a rocking horse without actually going anywhere which was why it was so difficult to ride.
I'll give him his due he's a bloody fast learner I feel like I only have to do something a couple of times and he's got it, the quality of the work feels better after every single session!

He did a good longreining session today out on the roads past a couple of buses,wagons plus 3horseboxes and trailers on the narrow lane..all without hesistation:)

I washed both their manes and tails today as ive been putting some itch stop stuff on and it was creating a bit of a build up..they looked lovely and silky at the end.
Trimmed Polo his feet have gone back a little, probably through the lack of work, nothing dramatic and nowhere near what they used to look like just frogs are slightly cruddy toes a touch longer than i'd like.

Muzzle's have been staying in place the past couple of day:)

3 comments:

cptrayes said...

Babies! We'll want photos :-))))) I'll want to buy two, but SH will never let me!

C

cptrayes said...

Babies! We'll want photos :-))))) I'll want to buy two, but SH will never let me!

C

Jean said...

Granny!! Good thing I am so far away. I will not be tempted--unlike Caroline. *G*

Moving forward certainly does improve the gaits. AliG is pretty smart, though. If he figures out that going more forward is more comfortable for the both of you, he'll improve by leaps and....I mean by trots and canters. *lol*