Friday 4 July 2008

Success:)

Weight taped them both today and the muzzles are doing the trick,I couldnt wait till the weekend to see how much they'd lost.I knew AliG had lost some but he's dropped more than i'd thought infact its over 50kilo's!Polo's only dropped 15ish but i'd expected that as he's getting the muzzle off most nights at some point {sigh} and he's not in work ,plus he wasnt carrying as much weight as AliG in the first place.
Im really pleased Ali's accepted the muzzle brilliantly and although Polo doesnt like it he's been better getting it on the past couple of days..was worth all the sewing and stabbing myself with the needle.

My friend from work came longreining this week.AliG didnt put a foot wrong passed a tractor with a huge trailer while heading for home and he just walked past without hesitation.
I took Polo out for a walk inhand round the fields with the dogs for exercise which he seemed to enjoy,thats one good thing about him he'll follow me around anywhere like a lamb.

Today I gave them both a good brush then did some ropework with Ali in the field he finds its much harder to work with the temptation of grass to eat but he was pretty good.
Ended by doing some trotting inhand after a few initial 'I dont think so' moments he was trotting along behind me nicely.I did have to kick my trainers off as they were slip-on's and I couldnt run with them,I had a giggle to myself thinking what I must have looked like running round the field like an idiot no shoes on with AliG trailing behind looking baffled:)

4 comments:

Claire said...

getting better & better!

your dvd is ready... although quite when i'll be able to give you it is another matter!!!

Jean said...

You should have had on one of thise flowing white dresses for working AliG barefoot in the field. Then you could have looked like one of those absurd TV commercials they show with the beautiful model frolicking with a Spanish horse. You know the kind I mean? Flowing gown, cantering along the frothy waves? Leaping about the meadow would suite just as well. *G*

Sounds as if AliG's lessons are sticking with him. Great!

Nicola said...

Can send you my address if you could post..i'll send some dosh to cover it..cant wait to watch it!:)))

Unfortunately Jean I very much doubt we looked as glam as that:))
I cant even look a white without it getting dirty!:0

Got up early and rode AliG out for a quick hack before the expected rain started.He was okay not great in that he was a bit unsettled but didnt actually 'do' anything.It could have been because it was pretty windy plus I havent rode him along that stretch of lane for ages?
Either way he didnt do anything wrong as such.
Saw the girl from the livery yard over the road who has the lovely chestnut and booked a lesson for next weekend..see how that goes.
I was all done and dusted by 11am which was good job as it rained for the remainer of the day.

cptrayes said...

Look Nicola, there's barefoot and barefoot!

C