Tuesday 12 February 2008

What is it with me and my feet!!!

Polo managed to stand on my flipping big toe today when I was giving him the injection,my toe was flat when I pulled my boot off and its looking rather bruised now.Its the same foot as Ali stood on so im lucky he missed the rest of it cos thats STILL sore and got a weird lump!

Anyway got the injection in,thats the second one of the course...5 more to go oh joy:0
I rode him today and im a bit scared to say it but he was definately walking better and only did one drop,that was just after he'd turned to come home,his usual long stride was nearly there and he just felt more comfortable and easy.It could possibly be because he's not been ridden much over the past week but I doubt it?

I longlined AliG in the school and he was excellent even though a horse in the paddock next to the school was charging around screaming.I spent some time working on his walk as soon as he started dropping back and easing up I flicked the lunge line on the back of his legs (im running the lines through the stirrups and with outside line behind him)which worked great at getting him to lengthen his stride.We did some trot work and when I pushed him forward using the same technique he did some lovely lengthened strides,got some fabulous changes of rein then a bit of canter before coming back to walk..I was really pleased with him:))

3 comments:

Muriel said...

Clumsy you! Maybe you ought to invest in the boots with protection for toes :-p

Was Polo better behaved? I wtached a program on how to desensitize your horse to needle.
If you give me your email via Club Cballo forum, I coudl send you a step-by-step report ^-^

cptrayes said...

Flat toe syndrome. Well known among horse handlers. I hop eit doesn't hurt too much.
C

Jean said...

Ouchers! I lost my big toenail when Tucker tromped on me. Better luck to you on that one.

Two injections might already have had some effect. My vet said it might be a really quick change.

Since Tucker's problem showed up in his behavior rather than in his physical movement, I should think you will know faster if Polo is better than I did with Tuck.