Monday 4 February 2008

Lovely day!

The sun was shining..actually shining so I rode both boys today and enjoyed it hugely:)

I went out for a hour on Polo with M and Ellie,he felt like he was walking freer and striding out better but he was still doing the dropping shoulder..only a couple of times but im still quite worried about it.Never the less it was a nice hack and he still managed a whopping buck on the way home as Ellie decided to take off.It was a full backend up almost handstand buck which are easy to sit to so he's obviously not feeling a huge amount of pain to feel fresh enough to do that,it wasnt his objectional head between the knees bronc:)

I hadnt planned on riding AliG as I was running short of time but YO asked if I fancied a quick ride,I thought it would be a good test to see how he behaved with another horse so borrowed M's SBS as I hadnt brought his saddle and we had a smashing ride along the lane.Ali walked out well and didnt put a foot wrong so thats confirmed the issue's with Ellie and the faces she's pulling at him.On the way back a HUGE tarmac lorry came up behind us ,bear in mine the lane is pretty narrow I asked AliG to stand and let the lorry past, it was so close I could have reached out and touched it.He didnt have and ounce of tension in his body just turned to look and followed it down the lane I was very impressed Polo would have had a hairy canary at it:))

Phoned vet when I got home and explained he was still dropping his shoulder but felt a bit freer so I would like to give the Adequan a try then see what happened,she agreed this was a good place to start.Im picked injections up on Friday it'd like to start them sooner but I wont get time through the week as Im only away from work from 9.30tii 4 Mon to Fri and the vets a good distance away so Friday it will have to be!

2 comments:

cptrayes said...

Wow, what a performance from Ali with the lorry. Mine wouldn't have done that, either of them.

C

Jean said...

AliG impresses me over and over. I and my horses would be lorry fodder. *G*

Can't wait to hear if the Adequan does the job. Tucker is starting to act really happy about being worked.

I've actually had the human version of Adequan myself, but at the time, my knee problem was more related to ligaments than the joint, so it didn't help as much as it could have. Were I to have it now, I suspect the results might be different.