Sunday 10 February 2008

Still sunny:)

It was a bit overcast when I first got to the farm but the sun broke through after a bit and it was very nice again, although much colder than yesterday...have you noticed how much we talk about the weather or is it just me?!?:))))

Polo must have heard me shouting for the dog's when I got there cos he was nearly at the pen when I went to fetch them in so he came in first and got a brush then AliG appeared at the gate so I went and got him in.
I did Polo's feet first.I'd left them much longer than I usually do,5weeks ish,but I was impressed at how little I had to do was just a case of taking some wall down and balancing them up really.As I suspected he has had a abscess come through at the heel at some point recently but sure ive said before he never goes anything more than slightly footy so I 'think' they arent deep rooted.Very pleased with the cider vinegar/teatree mixture considering he's been living out this winter and its been muddy his frogs are better than they've ever been:)

I went out for a hack on Ali next he was a bit slow fast slow fast going out but im finding alternating my legs is working best with him.He's still very curious about the sheep so we had a stand off at the gate with a dozen of them for a few minute to let him have good look at them..sure its just a case of him wondering what the heck they are cos he's not frightened.
He walked past the riding school which was full flow with a jumping lesson and he went past without batting an eye so all in all a very sensible relaxing hack.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I know I write a lot about the weather because I do not have an indoor school, so it is an ever-present issue to what I can do with the Boys.

You need to get a picture of AliG with the sheep. I'd bet his expression as a cute as cute can be. I love a curious, positive horse who's interested in the world but not really afraid of it.