Tuesday 31 March 2009

What a week...well last week that is!

Last Sunday started okay,went out for Sunday lunch with my mum for a joint Mother's day/my birthday treat.
I was late getting to the yard to feed the boys,just as I pulled up I saw a few of the girls and YO leading one of their liveries up the field,I got a sickening feeling as I could see the leg flopping just above the hock.
They managed to get the mare into a stable while waiting for the vet to come I knew it was a bad break but we dressed it roughly as there was a cut which was bleeding steadily.Soon as the vet came she said there was nothing they could do due to where the break was and how bad it was broken...I knew this was going to be the outcome.
The owner couldnt face staying and our YO was in bits so I ended up staying with the horse while she was PTS,it wasnt nice as she went down on the leg but I couldnt let her go alone:(

Anyway I then took bad at work on Monday with a stomach bug or food poisioning,ive never been so ill in my entire life so most of last week was a total right off.Im still feeling a bit off but iam back to getting on with things.
I lunge Ali on Sunday as I didnt think riding with dizzy spells was a good idea but today got back in the saddle.Only had a half an hour session but it was really good actually I was definitely 'in the zone' and rode him very well if I do say so myself:),im finally managing to replicate some of the moments we get during a lesson and am really riding him if that makes sense.
He's still leaning in on the left rein at first but with a combination of flexing,inside leg with the outside rein half halting he is working through it,on the right rein things are much easier there were spells when I felt he was truly bending around my leg with no inside rein felt great!
...and the weather has been great this week too:))

Was at a show Saturday,it was a huge entry of over 250 dogs(thats just Borders btw) so all the classes were big.Ted got placed not highly but still placed despite being very silly and hyper again and in a big class to boot.
Buster was in a massive class with some top name dogs,he didnt get placed but we were pulled in when she cut the class down to her pick of 6 I was pretty pleased with this just a shame there are only 5placings.
Mouse was in another huge class. I was delighted with her as its the first time ive not used food to get her to stand as she can be tricky to show and she was brilliant.I thought she was going to get a placing as the judge kept looking at her but infairness she has no coat at the minute so this could be what cost her a place?
Got a small show this weekend then another breed show next weekend.

2 comments:

Claire said...

what a rollercoaster of a week. and what a horrid thing to happen. very brave of you to stay.

glad the week ended on a higher note!

Jean said...

Thank you for staying with the horse until the end. I believe it really makes a difference to them knowing someone cares.

Sorry you were sick, but glad to hear you are better now. Sounds as if AliG is really coming along.

And the pups!! Sometimes winning isn't the most important part. As long as you and they had a good time and learned a few things it was well worth it. Especially with all that competition. My goodness, there were a lot of dogs there!