Saturday 21 March 2009

Short and sweet

Ive been busy today started off with soaking Polo's feet,trimming him then taking him out for a walk inhand with the dogs.
I then fenced off the last little gap where they can get into the river as Polo escaped and made his way into the top field this morning,much to the dismay of the boys left in the field who were apparently running around like headless chickens looking for him...he's quite he hero in herd:)
I then took Ali for a short hack around the fields,I figure he would be a bit stiff after the lesson cos I know I am so a gentle tootle to loosen up would help.He was lovely,a nice walk,short trot along one side of the field then a little steady canter up the hill-perfect in everyway.
His feet got trimmed too.

Ive ordered them some fly rugs as I think we are going to have a lot more flies at this yard with the stream and trees, I borrowed one of my friend's to try for size as her horse get serious sweet itch and she reckons this particular type are the best so they are now ordered.

Taking my mum out for dinner tomorrow so giving the boys a chill out day.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds as if you had a great day out with the Boys.

I like the texilene flysheets best, mostly because they seem to hold up best with my sheet ripping gang.

Claire said...

busy day....

i have a fly sheet, but haven't used it for ages - but you never know when i might need to, so in the bottom of the tack trunk..

Claire said...

and happy birthday, hope you had a good one...