Saturday 14 March 2009

Falling to pieces

Ouch im stiff today and think im getting a cold {yuck}.

Had a lesson yesterday with the instructor who was opposite my old yard.It actually wasnt bad I was dreading it a bit as we've not had one for ages but things werent horrendous at all,although im feeling it today.
D had us doing lots of flexing to get him bending around my inside leg, he tends to set his neck or curl in rather than flex at the poll.Spent time sharpening his responses up and getting him forward he did object a couple of times a did a couple of bucks D said to continue to ride him forward and flex him that basically he's objecting cos its hard work.
Over all I was pretty pleased,he softened much quicker than I thought he would and we had some nice moment,Vic watched bits of it and she said she saw some nice work at times.

Today I gave him a gentle lunge today to loosen up thinking he might be feeling as stiff as me although in honestly he looked pretty fresh.
Polo had a brisk walk-out in hand.


Tomorrow im stripping their field off as he's starting to put weight on, obviously the grass is coming through!

Through the week we had a day playing with the poles which he's not done for ages he was really good and bounced his way through them its a fab way to get him to really use his backend.
Also had a hack,he was by himself so bit nappy and did a bouncy buck when I first asked him to trot but once he got going he was fine if not particularly forward.


Buster had his photo taken a few weeks ago at a show which I like so I bought a copy,here it is....
Didnt attempt one with Ted as I knew he wouldnt standstill hopefully when he gets a bit experience i'll get his done.

5 comments:

Claire said...

that's a good pic of him! standing very well!

Jean said...

Look at that good boy posing so well for the camera! He is too precious for words and looks every inch the show dog.

Now, what we need is a conformation critique so we can judge him to standard.

The lesson sounds good too. If you're sore, then you worked. Probably a good idea to give AliG an easy day after as well.

Vic said...

I notice you have made no mention of your new keyring??!

Muriel said...

I made it I finally found teh time to post on your blog ^-^

Beautiful photo of Buster.

I am glad you are having so much fun with Ali!

Nicola said...

Ok i'll own up I had the picture made into a keyring too!
Its lovely though and Vic's only jealous cos she wants one too:)