Friday 8 August 2008

A waiting game.

Still no puppies it MUST be soon she looks ready to pop!

Yesterday I longlined Ali in the school its was going to be an opportunity to try the flexion work on the ground but some of the kids from the yard were riding in the field which is right next to the school.They were having a hoolie around galloping up and down the field and over a few jumps it was impossible to do anything sensible with Ali as he was very excited about it all bursting into canter,passage and snorting. I didnt mind he was forward and lathered by the end (his own making) so it turned into a fat burning exercise instead which isnt a bad thing:))

Today I went for a swim in the morning..I did the 40lengths:)
Brother and I then took the dogs down the beach I was going to leave Mouse with my mum but she was determinded not to be left so she came.We didnt walk too far because of Mouse but the others all had good run and swim chasing sticks,Mouse seemed to enjoy the trip out anyway.
This evening I went for a hack on AliG he was a bit slow and looky going out but once he got going he was fine.We had a trot along one of the tracks then a canter coming home up the hill he was pooped at the top but the fitness is steadily improving we were out a good hour and a half..I WILL get some weight off him if it kills me!:))

6 comments:

Jean said...

Won't do any good if he is thin and you are dead, now will it? *G*
(Meaning, don't kill yourself too much.) Maybe AliG needs to do the 40 laps instead of you.

M. Mouse seems to be taking her time. Glad she still wants to be out and about, though. It's a good healthy sign.

So, if I do 15 laps, that's 30 lengths. I've done the 20 laps this season but like 15 better. (That's 15 up and back in a 25m pool) Still gives my bad knees a workout so they can be sore after.

Muriel said...

The moon, when is the full moon?

They must be like human, no?
I am a great believer in the moon ^-^

For AliG better long medium pace ride to loose fat ^-^

If you have a friend training for endurance ride, you should try to hack with this person.

I am always in love with enudrance sport despise teh fact that my own metablism does not allow it. I am a sprinter in the bone, in my youth I have beaten a few on 100 m sprint.

But my true love is endurance even on horse-back.
Go figure ... maybe one always desires that one cannot have!

cptrayes said...

Won't do any good if he is thin and you are dead, now will it?


:-) :-) :-)

C

Nicola said...

If Polo was safer and sounder i'd ride and lead off him that would really get Ali fit AND forward.
Polo might be chicken but he is a forward fast chicken:))

Never thought about the moon are humans more likely to 'drop' when its a full moon??
I'll look out tonight and get back to you!:)

It rained most of the day so I did Ali's feet and thats about it horsewise..supposed to be like this till Mon:(

Claire said...

agree with the others ....

cptrayes said...

have you got puppies?

Is everyone OK?

Concerned that you haven't posted for a week.

C