Tuesday 5 August 2008

Lunge,hack,school

That about sums the past few days up really!:)

A friend came to visit and we went for a little hack along the lane and back,I rode Polo and she rode AliG..well I figured the four year old would be the safer option than the sixteen year old:)))
Polo actually felt pretty good(?) so I dont think the odd short hack will do him any harm but i'll play it by ear.AliG as expected behaved perfectly and led Polo past the barking dogs rattling the fence at the riding school,they spooked him on the way out so he was flapping about having to pass them again no such worries from Ali!
Today I took him in the school and half wish I hadnt,it just wasnt good. I 'think' the problem was the last lesson finished without a clear breakthrough and I couldnt get the feeling establish of what I was aiming for.Today I just HAD to go and TRY to work on things and it just basically wasnt happening,once I know what I should be feeling im usually okay otherwise I struggle.
I was getting frustrated, AliG was setting his neck on the left rein and getting behind the leg again I hope I havent set us back to square one:(
Tomorrow we are going to have a 'fun' longreining session out and about.

Oh and I eventually found time to go swimming it was brill I havent swam for well over 12months, going again Friday,did 34lengths will go for 40 next time.

11 comments:

cptrayes said...

A mixed day for you and me today!

C

Jean said...

Go ahead, show off with the swimming!! (Course I am a lot older than you....*lol*)

Somehow training always seems to take a step backwards before going forward, so don't fret too much. I doubt you have ruined anything with AliG. He is probably on his own learning curve.

Amusing about the hack. Just who is the mature, well behaved horse, huh? Gotta love Polo, though. He is forever a character.

Muriel said...

Polo is a big Wuss, isn't he? ^-^

Well done for AliG!

Perhaps you need to keep your schooling fun. Use pole, cone etc ...
Because if it becomes "work" for AliG, he will switch off, and becomes more nad more difficult to motivate, to engage.
Keep it short and fun!

Muriel said...

forget to say that I have set up a new blog. But it is private.
If you would like to join send me an email at muguiral@gmail.com

Nicola said...

I'll email you Muriel was wondering if I'd be getting an invite:)))

It sounded good Jean but its not a huge pool only 25metres so not really impressive.

Had an annoying day got to the farm this morning poopicked then M came up to help move the round bales of hay as they hadnt been put away properly when they were delivered.They are the BIG roundbales so we were sweating time we'd finished.
My brother came up to go long reining just as the rain started teaming down it looked like it was in for the day so we gave up.
Obviously it brightened up almost as soon as I left but my brother was going out and i'd lost the will!
One of those lost days that I hate.

Mouse is on countdown now...5days to go.

Claire said...

all those lengths after that layoff? crikey!

Nicola said...

Well that is totally weird...lost all the other comments!
How could that happen!?!?!?

Nicola said...

blogger is going mad Jeans has poppped up now but it didnt post my last reply....

Nicola said...

n

Nicola said...

m

Nicola said...

n