Thursday 21 August 2008

Sooo tired!

Think ive lost the ability to sleep its always the same when im stressed or unsettled,I was watching the 10km marathon swim at 4am this morning..THATS how bad it was!Actually they are remarkable athletes to swim pretty much flat out for nearly 2hours the poor English lad led all the way but went off course near the end so was pipped for the gold,he had to be rushed off for treatment by the paramedics at the end he was so exhausted and the guy who won the gold had leukemia 5years ago.See im an expert now!:)

The pups are doing great getting bigger by the day and Mouse's appetite has returned at last so she back to eating anything and everything.

The weather hasnt helped me achieve much on the horse front this week but have managed to lunge Ali once,did his rope circling yesterday and had a short hack tonight.It wasnt going to be a short hack but going along one of the tracks which run off the lane I spotted a little rabbit looking rather ill.It had wound on its back legs which were covering in flies and had red myxomatosis type eyes.It didnt look like it had long to live but I couldnt leave it there suffering,the one time when it would have been good to have the dogs to finish it off quickly(athough not sure i'd have liked them to touch it with the state it was in) I phoned YO's hubby and asked him if he'd come along and put it out its misery. Time I waited around for him to come and set off again it was getting on so we just went to the end of the track and back.Ali did react a bit as we passed the field we sometimes longrein through as it heads home ,I gave him a sharp smack and told him to get on. He was a bit unsettled for maybe a dozen strides,tossing his head,jogging but then snapped out of it and settled down so I was pretty pleased.
He was fine the rest of the hack although we didnt go much further, we passed a field with a combine harvester and tractor rattling around in and he didnt bat and eye at it.
Waiting for our Indian takeway to be delivered then im hoping for an early night and SLEEP.

4 comments:

Jean said...

The Olympics are doing me in and I don't have trouble sleeping. Last night I fell asleep during the beach volleyball finals and then woke up after midnight to look at the results on the Internet.

Then, I got up a bit after 5 AM to watch the pentathlon show jumping.

Isn't this the first time for the marathon swim? I can't exactly say it was an exciting competition to watch, but at 4 AM it might have been a good sleeping pill for you. Sorry it didn't work.

Noted your comment about Polo and the bucking. Fact is, I know I cannot sit Tucker's bucks if he does more than one. And even the one can unseat me. Never been good at riding bucks and, now that I am older, I am even less inclined. If it comes to it at some point, I will find someone else to do it for me.

Muriel said...

What a great Mum you are ^-^

I am like you, I stop sleeping under stress. The more tired, the less sleep I get. I have to use some medecine of sot to break the vicious cycle ...

I have barely watched any Olynpics game .. of to watch a bit then ^-^

Nicola said...

Pleased its not just me Muriel its horrible when you get into that cycle!

Funnily enough Jean I think I eventually fell asleep with the volleyball on:)

Im still tired had couple of hours woke up,nodded off woke up...basically was like that all night!
I had intentions of riding this morning but it rained and its cold so ive come home...I might ride when I go back up to put them out will see how I feel.

Im off to a show in Scotland tomorrow with Buster so wish us luck!
Im almost afraid to mention it after the program the other day it was quite shocking to see how extreme and ill some breeds are. Having said that one of the reasons we got so hooked on Border's is their fabulous temperament and the fact they are pretty fit and healthy as a breed.

cptrayes said...

Indian on a Friday YES!!


Good luck with Buster
C