Friday 29 August 2008

BooHoo back to the grind stone.:(

Started back at work this week,full week of training which has felt incredibly long and monotonous so ive not really had the will to do too much else its amazing how boredom can make you feel tired isnt it!
AliG's had two longreing sessions this week basically cos it was quick to do he seemed to enjoyed himself as we've not done much of it recently not alot else to report on this as its pretty straightforward and uneventfull:)
Tonight we had another lesson.D worked him inhand again first and he did really well he'd obviously remembered and studied hard from last week as he picked straight up where we'd left off and just got better.His stride is lengthening and the bend and flexibility in his neck is improving with each session.He's definitely a smart cookie and has figured out very quickly life is so much easier if he tries and works with you.
The negative was he coughed quite a bit and has been over the past two days.Im not particularly worried yet as they've managed to steal some hay from the barn next to their shed!Its the YO's hay which isnt good quality and tends to be dusty (hence why I always buy hay elsewhere)Polo was coughing a few days ago so im sure thats all it is.
Ive moved all of the bales that were within reach so 'hopefully' they shouldnt be able to get anymore and the coughing will clear up.

On the puppy front they are thriving and starting to become proper little dogs with personalities.They are staying awake for longer spells playing and are almost walking.
The large lighter dog is very cheeky and growls a lot,the little girl is very active,feisty and tends to wake them all up!The black pup is pretty chilled out, steady and determind,finally the smaller dog has almost caught the other two boys up and although is probably the quietest he's by no means shy or nervous.

8 comments:

Claire said...

oh dear. and a WEEK of training - the kids don't turn up till next week?

Jean said...

OOOH, the end of summer. I am in mourning. I go back to school on the 2nd and the students arrive on the 3rd. Retirement is really starting to look attractive. (And I can retire at any time now.)

Good for AliG. A good student is a joy forever. *G*

Love the pup updates. It must be fun watching the little munchkins grow up and develop personalities. Did you name them yet, or is that the right of the person who buys them?

cptrayes said...

///has figured out very quickly life is so much easier if he tries and works with you///

Now THAT'S a trait I'd pay good money for!

C

Claire said...

occurs to me i must come by your way soon - i expect saddler will have done his work on my roller etc - and i assume that you have your new saddle by now, so when I go up to Hexham I'll give you a bell and come see you on my way there/back....

Nicola said...

Saddle hasnt arrived yet Claire i'll have to check back how long its been since I sent it off sure its going on for 5weeks...i'll let you know!
You should have told John you needed it asap he did my bridle in 2days although it was a much smaller job.

Jean im devastated going back every year it gets worse...I dont know how you keep it up when you dont have to:)))

Ive had a busy day swimming with my niece this morning then down to the beach lunch time with the dogs to meet the lady who bought Buster's brother.
They all had a great time,the boys definitely recognised each other and ran around like nutters together.
Also baked some cookies and flapjack:))

Im just about to go back up the farm I might ride i'll see how I feel when I get up there........

Im just getting ready

Claire said...

if you rode today, you did better than me - had to take mother to kendal.......

Muriel said...

Good news about the puppies, it must be fun to watch them growing. I envy you, but my cats won't allow a canine pet or any others pets ...

School starts again YAHOOO! I am a Mum see! Mums cannot wait for the start of school ^-^

Claire said...

still haven't had call from saddler to say my stuff is ready - he did promise the end of this week....