Sunday 20 January 2008

MUD,MUD and more MUD!

Im officially fed up of all the mud,I just hate constantly having dirty hands and skidding around the field:((
.........just had to get that off my chest.

I didnt ride today but got stuck into some serious turfing-out housework!I know im letting the side down but I really cant cope when cupboards are untidy or when the house is looking cluttered so have to do a clear out every few weeks or so.Plus im a bit of a hygiene freak,I probably dont come across like this~I hide it well:)))

Yesterday I spent the whole day at the farm M was away so I had three to turn out,muck out and bring in so thought I may aswell stay there for the day.Did all my 'jobs' in the morning then had a long hack out on Polo with the dog's.Nothing to report with Polo other than he was slightly sharper than of late(probably with being in overnight) and nearly spun on me as a bird flew up from the bushes while trotting along.
Buster on the other hand tried my patience big style!He was just being stupid and ran up to two much larger dogs barking,he's been much better lately so why he was doing this again I dont know but I could feel my temper going...probably good job I was on the horse or I'd have throttled him.
I decided to do lots of steady trotting and cantering to take some of the energy out of him (not sure thats possible).Im not going to take him out with Polo again for the time being he's going to run up to the wrong dog at some point and get a hiding and he is only a pup,plus it gets me angry which isnt fair to Polo when im riding him uptight and not concentrating on him.
He not been bad on walks recently but obviously I need to be able to get to him and stop him on the groun..strange cos Minx and Mouse arent like this at all,never had a dog like him!

I rode AliG out for a nice hack afterwards.He was very good again still slower going out but once we've cracked that I reckon he's going to be a fantastic hack,one you can totally relax on.We had a short canter along a grass verge coming home and well the only way I can describe it that he roared into it bouncing along and took a little bit of stopping.I dont mean I didnt think I could stop him just I had to take a good hold to get him to listen i'll have to work on this to make sure he doesnt get out of hand although it was fun:)
On the way home when we got to his 'funny hill' I kept him slow by squeezing on the rein when I could feel him starting to rush and get unbalanced and this seemed to help alot.

Hoping to get AliG out on the busy roads tomorrow with M and Jo on their two neds...

6 comments:

Jean said...

Well my mud got super slippery and miserable one day and now is frozen solid. Bet it's going to be yucky when it thaws again. *sigh*

Buster is lucky so far that the bigger dogs don't attack him. He is a bit of a boy, isn't he? Thinks he's about 75 pounds bigger than he really is. Sounds as if it's time for some serious obedience work. Too bad as the hacks are probably good for him as far as giving him and outlet for his excess energy.

cptrayes said...

Mud mud glorious mud, nothing quite like it for cooling the blood. Well. it's OK if you are a hippopotamus I suppose.

C

Muriel said...

indoor school! indoor school !indoor school! ...

We have heavy clay here, soo when it is wet, it is mud mud mud! A nightmarre . I spent a winter removing it from my shoes with a BRUSH horrid sticky wet slimy stuff!

This year we have an indoor school, it is ace ^-^

I will find hard to do without! get a school.

P.S. Nicola would you like to Italy to clean my house ?

Claire said...

great isn't it? not (the mud, that is).

Nicola said...

Are you paying Muriel?never been to Italy....,:))

Buster is going through that rebellious faze at the moment but doing it a totally different way from the girls...he's certainly pushing his luck. So he's only going to be going for 'normal'walks until i sort it out!
First show for him in couple weeks no idea how im going to get him to standstill he's OTT with everything at the minute least its puppy classes so they get away with alot more..keep forgetting he's only 7month as he's so much bigger than the girls!

Well it poured with rain all yesterday morning then turned to heavy snow so we did absolutely nothing. I took Alig in the snow covered school today &did 15minutes rope /groundwork he definately had energy and argued a bit more than of late but i reckon thats with having less turn-out this past week.Nothing bad just i want to go this way..yeah right mate:)
Did diddly squat with Polo other than feed. They are both out tonight with lots of haylage field has nice covering of snow so no mud...hurray!

Still cant sleep....

Muriel said...

AhAhAh Tonight I can post. So I do it.

What do you think trigger your insomnia? I know that if I do not eat enough at night but not too much I will wake up around 4-5 am, because I am hypoglycemic. Also If I am stressed out, I will wake up around 4-5am.
But I have only ONCE in my life not been able to fall asleep. I was under LOTS OF STRESS!