Friday 10 April 2009

Still not back in the saddle

Its very frustrating being on hoilday and not being able to ride but my coccyx is still far too sore to ride!
If im no better by next week im going to have to get something done so willing it to get better as ive got a serious doctor/hospital/anybody doing anything to me phobia:0
However ive a feeling Vic is willing me not to get better as she's rode Ali a couple of times this week so he has done something most days.
At the beginning of the week Vic helped with the poles and we did the raised pole's exercises Rach showed me.
Then Vic rode him in the school one day with me as instructor {haha} then took him for a short hack yesterday around the fields and had her first canter on him. He was little unsettled as i'd left Polo in the field where as I usually bring them both up together but I had my little 3year old niece for the day so it was easier to just bring Ali up.He was still as safe as usual just few head shakes and stops, Vic seemed to enjoy it anyway (hey dont get too comfortable on him Missus!).
Today I gave him a 20minute lunge and he was fabby..he's pleasure to work with.

Sorry Jean I took a picture of the eye but I updated my phone the other day and lost all the recent pictures,it was a truly impressive shiner still got a fair bit of bruising under and around the eye even now one week on!

Dog show tomorrow....

3 comments:

Jean said...

Oh, too bad about the picture. That would have been something to treasure years down the road.

That sore coccyx is a bit worrisome. I don't know how long it should take to feel better. I'm not sure there is much that can be done, but if you get it checked out, at least you will have a better idea of proper healing time.

I know it sounds a bit silly, but if you have one of those doughnut cushions when you sit anywhere, it will help a lot.

Glad Ali is getting some work. Have fun with the pups at the show. Hope everyone behaves. *G*

Muriel said...

Do you see on a buoy then? Broken that coccyx, then ?
I cannot help smile with you walking around with a buoy. Have somebody to have a look and heal. My friend who broke her coccyx did not do anything and it was still VERY painful 6 months later when she finally went to see a Dr.
Get yourself to the casualty get X-ray and heal ... sooner you do the sooner you will be back in the saddle.
Tho your friend is having a blast with Ali.

What a star he is becoming ^-^

Claire said...

agree with others, hosptial, now, xray. doubt there's anythign they can actually do for a fractured coccyx, but you DO need to know!

and i'm jealous of course....