Wednesday 22 April 2009

Back with a vengence..

Poor Ali must be sick as a chip im feeling better:)
I rode him in the school again on Monday,not a long session but worked him quite hard his flexing to the left (weaker rein) has gone back and he was trying to motorbike a bit but we got there in the end.Im finding I have a whole new intensity and focus to my riding since I moved yards,ive struggled to stay focused in the past.
Today we went out for a hack with Vic who had her first ever hack on her mare,who she sat on for the first time last week.It wasnt planned, Vic just couldnt face anymore longlining and since the mare's been all over on the lines and has been totally unfazed during the whole backing process she decided to try go for their first ever hack. Huge success all round and Quenza was striding out by the end looking totally chilled and enthusiastic.
Yo came too and on the way home we had a good giggle chatting about our obsession with our horses and dogs.
Im going to give Ali a light lunge tomorrow then have a lesson booked for Friday.

Minx is also booked in to be Spayed on Friday so im going to be on tender hooks until she's through it and back home!

5 comments:

Claire said...

no more puppies then! i suppose you do have enough....

ali will be fed up!

Quenza sounds as though she's going great guns...

Muriel said...

How is Minx? You do not want anymore puppies?

I think it is easier to have a stud ... less emotional.

I am glad you are feeling better, thumbs up for Ali and Quenza ^-^

Jean said...

How's Minx?

Good for Vic. Hacking out is wonderful for young horses if they have the mind for it. Sounds as if Quenza does. She and AliG should make a good pair out on the "roads."

Glad your netherparts are feeling better too.

Nicola said...

Well Minx is still intact!
I'd built myself up for it but when the vet checked her over she was lactating a little. No she's not preggers but obviously wishes she was LOL.
Anyway they wont do it while this is going on. Apparently once the ovaries are taken away it can be tricky to stop the milk flow which can lead to mastitis etc so best avoided. She's on a hormone for 6days which hopefully will stop the milk then fingers crossed she can get spayed next week.
No more puppies from Minx but no plans to spay Mouse this year,she's still only four so I can afford to wait a year or so to see if I change my mind about having another litter.

No lesson today either instructor had to cancel as she was running late so re-arranged for the morning.I took Ali for a short trot and canter around one of the nearby fields.

Danni said...

I hope Minx is feeling less 'hormonal' soon and her op goes smoothly when it comes around :)

I'm sure Ali is enjoying the attention really :p