Sunday 5 April 2009

Im still alive!

I have the most corker of a shiner you'd ever see honestly im impressed with it myself:))
Some of the swelling has gone down but its got some serious bruising, my coccyx is still really sore but better than yesterday so hopefully few days out of the saddle will do the trick.
And to top it off im hoping to ride the old lunatic this week or next while im on holiday,Im going to be carefully and only ride when my back is okay and Vic is going to come out with him on Ali to nanny him but he looks pretty good blasting around the field so reckon a few hacks wont hurt but may help with the excess energy that seems to be building up.
I lunged Ali on two lines yesterday he was fab as usual particularly with me hobbling on trying to keep up with him.

Nothing today as I was at a dog show,we should have been in and out first but they changed the schedule around so the Borders were much later getting into the ring than I had anticipated.
Ted was a hooligan again and didnt get anywhere this time,he really is sooo naughty practice does not seem to be helping!
Buster was an absolute star totally eyeballing the judge as he strutted past him how could he not win...which his did and we got a nice trophy too!That seems to be the way with Buster you can never tell if he's going to get a first or nothing but he always tries to please and gets lots of nice comments.
Mouse got a fourth with was good,he came back and felt her coat which I *think* was his way of saying why she didnt get a higher place,its still too soft at the minute from when she was stripped but im still happy with the day.

Ive spent all evening writing an assignment for the course I was suckered into doing for work and finished.It was painful and ive written total rubbish but im happy its done and I can enjoy my two weeks holidays.

2 comments:

Claire said...

glad you're improving ... i shan't ask for a pic of the bruise, lol!

Jean said...

Well, at least you have something to show the skeptics. As Claire suggests, part of your injuries are best left hidden...but the shiner is quite impressive, I'm sure. Any chance of a pic of that eye?

Glad you are feeling a little better.

What was the course you wrote up?