Saturday 24 January 2009

Walking and more walking

Ive put some miles in today!
This morning I met my friend at the beach,the one who has Busters brother and the little dog pup,we walked from one end of the beach to the other then back we were out for two hours.The dogs had a blast at first the little pup was a bit nervous until the penny dropped to who they all were then he and Ted had a great time playing,he remembered me straight away and went crazy.Its lovely to see them again:)

When I eventually got to the yard I took Polo for a walk inhand with the dogs(they are crashed out now hardly surprising!) he was as good as gold and seemed to enjoy getting out. He's looking a lot sounder but im not going to push him at all, hopefully if I just take my time now he'll be right for the summer then i'll have both my boys to ride:)
I then took Ali back in the school on the longlines.SUCCESS again he was brill no slapping of boots required!It transfered when I asked for canter too he was more forward than he's even been in the school,ended feeling very satisfied.
Dont know about the animals but I know im getting fitter I can just walk and walk at the minute without getting tired..although I am now so off to bed for me.....

1 comment:

Jean said...

What a lovely day you had. It must be really special to see one of the pups having fun with a new owner--while still remembering you!! How cool is that?

Good work with AliG. Now we will just have to see if the forward on the lines transfers to forward under saddle. Don't be afraid to use your voice commands when you ride. Give the aid with the voice and that will help him understand better.

I also have some little "secret" (so the judge can't hear) verbal signals I give when I ride. There's a "purr" for a downward, and a "hiss" for more energy.

And too, when you ride, keep that concept of lots of changes and transitions so AliG doesn't quite know what to expect from one second to the next and stays keen on your aids.

Wish I could do more walking myself, but my knees just can't take it. I would have crashed after a half hour on the beach. *S*