Friday 16 January 2009

Busy but satisfying day

Its been a busy one finished work at 9.30am after doing a maths course at 8am{ouch}Despite me working on the care side because we are a college and are 24hour curriculum we all have to keep up to date with our numeracy and literacy (ha thats a good one for me!).Im also doing a short teaching course one night a week (enforced) and have to do a micro teach next week and as usual ive done nothing in preparation gulp!Ive passed my numeracy so just the maths to get through now.

Headed straight to the shops unpacked that then cleaned my house,Ted had been playing in the drinking water bowl so my kitchen floor was flooded!
I then went for dog food,logs for my fire,dropped Buster with my mum and collected my Christmas pressie from her,she hadnt got me anything with being ill but this week has been getting out and about a bit.Its a steam station iron.....cant decide if getting an iron for a present is really sad or a good thing?
Buster has lost his nail but is absolutely fine although he's not had a good day today 'episode' wise and has vomited/regurgitated a few times this afternoon:( Its hard just when I think he's really starting to pick up and get back to normal he has a few bad days...Im so impatient I want him 100% NOW {sigh}.

Had a lovely longlining session with Ali in the school today he was sensible,focused and reasonably forward.
Lots of changes of rein,loops,serpentines,spiraling in and out on a circle.Transitions in walk and trot also some rein back to walk i'd like to get this established on the longlines in walk and trot then undersaddle.
Polo is still lame although refusing to accept the point and keeps galloping down the field to me!
Im trying to not think about it he came right with time before so there's no reason why he shouldnt again, I could try box resting him but he would be climbing the walls after two days so I cant see the point in upsetting him when he's happy in himself just not rideable.
They are being such good boys though, they really do have manners to burn..apart from when they see food or something that Ali can grab and play with :)))




Muriel can you send me the link for your blog again ive lost it somehow from my favorite list(?) and can not find it on blogger search!

3 comments:

Jean said...

People think teachers have an easy job. I know better. Wishing you well as you work your way through all your comps and classes. It wears me out thinking of it all.

Buster will get well, but I'm pretty sure it will take a bit of time for the meds to stabilize his condition.

And AliG is learning to be a star. Polo will be content in his new semi-retired state, but if you can ride him now and then, he will be even happier. Going out on a nice bouncy Polo hack once in a while??

Muriel said...

Here it is :

http://muriel-spaghettiwestern.blogspot.com/

I am off to the pharmacy to get some DRUGS for my migraine or I will pass a veyr disagreeable WE. I hope to comment later.

Claire said...

wel i got a breadmaker, asked for (previous one had died...) so i'm just as sad!