Tuesday 16 December 2008

Im back..ish!Awful news.........

Im having a horrendous time at the minute Buster is seriously ill im absolutely terrified im going to lose him.
He's been ill for 2and a bit weeks,started with him being a bit quiet then he had a 'funny turn' when out for a walk he seemed to be struggling to breath and swallow.I rushed him to the vets and he's since had two lots of xrays,an endoscope down his throat,swabs sent away and blood tests everything has come back clear.He's extremely lethargic,has these snorting gasping episodes and over the past few days has been vomiting up a phlemy/mucus.
The one good thing is he's still got his appetite and when he's vomiting its not directly after eating.
Up to now we thought Kennel cough,foreign body 'somewhere?' problems with his laryx,he's been on antibiotics for 10days and anti inflamatory meds but nothing has made a difference.
The vet is totally baffled by it and is contacting the vet school at Edinburgh so im waiting to hear if/when he can go up.
Im so worried about all this I can hardly sleep.......

The poor neds have been moved then pretty much had flying visits from me im exhausted with stress and moving all of their stuff(8car loads and its not all moved!).They had an hour in the field with the herd then we had to move them into a field of their own.It was AliG causing the problems not Polo,he was totally looking after his old mate and wouldnt let any horse near Polo and beating anything up that so much as looked in their direction,to the point of pinning a pony down!
The field they are in is fantastic -huge,no mud,stream running through it,sheltered I couldnt ask for more and thats 'their' field from now on.They are very clingy to me when I arrive running over to me and following my every move bless them .
I feel so guilty as they are baffled by it all then im not spending more than an hour with them but ive got two days left at work then I break up for two weeks then hopefully I wont feel so torn between where I have to be ,to where I want and need to be!
Sorry if this a bit jumbled my mind is all over the places:(

4 comments:

Jean said...

Are you absolutely sure Buster doesn't have something caught in his throat some where? Something like plastic that might not show up so easily?

It is all so upsetting thinking of that little furry face being that sick. I am aching for you both.

I'd wager some of AliG's over protectiveness is a response to your distress as well. He's probably trying to make sure the rest of the family stays safe and sound. Hopefully his beautiful new home will reassure him.

Bless Buster. I am sending whatever good vibes I can to help.

Please try to keep us posted if you can manage. Worrying from thousands of miles away is still worrying.

HUGS!!!!!

Muriel said...

(((((((healing vibes to Buster))))))
I am so sorry! I hope Buster recover soon!

{{{{{Hugs}}}}

Nicola said...

Thanks guys I was at a very low ebb last night can you tell!
Jean i'd not thought about AliG sensing my worries..made me feel quite humble,possibly why they are both so clingly?
Im exhausted I either cant get to sleep or I wake up after a few hours with this panic feeling:(

Ive just spoken to my vet and Edinburgh will see him so my vet is doing a referal letter,he's actually meant to be on his hols this week,hopefully it will be sorted to take him up end of this week or beginning of next.
Edinburgh university has some of the top vets in the country with the most current technology so its the best place to find out whats going on.
I have a rough quote of £600 to £2000 {gulp} depending on what they find and the tests they need to carry out.
No I dont have £2000 lying around i'll have to skimp and scrape but ive got to do all I can to make sure he gets through this.

My boys did me proud today. I got to the yard with the intention of taking them both in the school for a little while when the YO's wife said not to risk it as the hunt was in the area and had all the horses in the surrounding fields going crackers.
I decided to take their feed down to the field and some haylage as known my luck i'd just be getting them out and the hunt would come galloping past.The horses in the field opposite were belting around totally unsettled my two strolled over ate their grub and haylage totally laid back...good boys!:)

Jean said...

How's Buster????? I've been worrying.