Friday 28 November 2008

Blogger break

Ive decided to take a blog break for a few weeks.
Im not finding a lot of time to get online at the moment so im already being hit and miss with the blog and im feeling guilty for not keeping track of everyone elses news!
There's the upcoming horse move,work being incredibly hectic (also been roped into a course),im not sleeping well again I cant see things improving in the short term so I reckon a break is the way to go.

I will leave you all with my recent news then come back when things are more settled.
Over the past week ive rode both my boys.It was very interesting riding one after another in the school its hard to put into words how completely different they are in just about everyway.AliG is so well balanced and rhythmic he looks good without seeming to put any effort into it,he's comfortable and easy to ride.
Polo is all power but unbelievably sensitive.I cant remember the last time he's been in the school so was Mr Stress Head, lateral work always helps settle him so we did leg yielding,shoulder in,turn on forehand etc all with the slightest of aids.We had a couple of short trots, which is the first time in months and it felt like two strides and I was at the top of the school..i'd almost forgotten how hard he can be to ride:))) ..Oh and he felt totally sound!!!
Its going to be fun having a school I can use whenever I want,wish I could transfer some of Polo's sensitivity and forwardness to AliG and give Polo some of AliG's balance and common sense:))

Okay folks thats all for now i'll be back...................

3 comments:

Jean said...

Going to miss you. Love the puppy tales along with the horses.

Do take care of yourself, your Boys, and the furry gang--what else can I call those pups? *G*

I'll keep checking in anyhow in case you drop by.

Hope all the moves work out and all the work moves out....*G*

Muriel said...

You want a Warmblood my dear ! I am sure C. will tell you all about it ^-^ But they are also as C is finding out very technical to ride, at least the ultra-bred one ^-^

Have a good break. I hope things will settle... Iguess after Christmas!

cptrayes said...

Good luck with the move!

C