Tuesday 18 November 2008

Decision made!!

Well after much consideration and deliberation ive decided....to....................
MOVE!:0

Told new yard owner who is happy to accomodate my million rug boxes,rubber mats,bulk bought feed etc and is also desperately trying to persuade his wife they need a Border terrier pup:)
Told my current YO today she looked a bit shocked and made a few snide comments which I didnt react to I was as nice as I possible could be explaining the school and off road riding were the reasons for going.My friend was with me and she got a bit narked about the digs but I think because ive decided to go they really didnt bother me or get me annoyed in the slightest.
Anyway she has a months notice although i'll probably leave before the month is up.M is gutted and has been asking everyday if ive changed my mind, after the conversation I had with her today I think she's wishing she had come and put her name down for one of the part livery stables.
Jo said her little daughter is inconsolable anmd burst into tears..amazing the impact I had there considering I have no time or patience for kids isnt it!:)))

I had a lovely ride out with the new girl on Sunday her horse is spooky and nervy,didnt bother AliG in the slightest. She did a huge spook going over a wooden bridge then at some logs, he didnt react or feed off her nerves at all we then had a nice canter along the track with him leading.She was amazed at how good he was for a baby,its quite a change for me being on the sensible horse!

Today Ali had a short lunge session then I gave my friend a little riding lesson on you guessed it AliG.She's had a couple of lessons recently, I kept her on the lunge concentrating on her position and getting the feel for the movement' Ali was so good, honestly how many four year olds would you trust to put a complete novice on.She said im a good teacher and it was better than the lessons she'd paid for:)

Will have to start packing up this weekend I have LOTS of stuff!!

5 comments:

Jean said...

Always something to make leaving a little harder than you'd like. If you leave on a good note, no reason you can't go back and visit the people you liked.

The new barn owner sounds like a gem. Guess he's been around horses long enough to know just how the equipment can accumulate.

But do remember, now's the chance to get rid of the things you don't really need. (Like I should talk!) Consider it a fall spring cleaning opportunity.

Hope all goes well. I have a feeling you made a good decision.

Muriel said...

I am happy for you!

I am sure that you will porgress more with AliG.
Aren't you proud of your level-headed Luso ? ^-^

cptrayes said...

Good move!! No point having a stunner like Ali and nowhere to work him :-)

C

Claire said...

well, i don't drop by for a month and find you're moving. hope it all goes well and the boys settle down ok. and having an arena on the yard is a major bonus, of course! enjoy. I've a feeling i know which yard it is....

Jean said...

Minky, you have been TAGGED.

This is a blogger's game. If you want to play, you are now supposed to post 6 things about yourself readers do not know and then tag 6 other bloggers.

My post is on my blog.