Monday 22 December 2008

Edinburgh in the morning

Had an awful night with him last night he had several 'episodes' he was heavy breathing and doing the swallowing I was convinced I was going to lose him and sat up most of the night.
Took him straight up the vets this morning its the first time the vet has seen him having one of these turns,I mentioned he sounds fluidy on his chest so after examining him he took an xray of his chest with him awake but still cant find anything abnormal.I asked if he had any ideas at all of whats going on he said he's honestly seen nothing like it before!
He chased up Edinburgh who rang me to book an appointment unbeknown to me as my mobile went straight to answer phone and I didnt get a voicemail alert,im furious as I could have had him there this afternoon.I rang the university to find out why they hadnt called and when they said they had I checked my voicemail I had FOUR voicemails that havent come through.Orange is the worst network ive ever been with,I'll ring them soon as im sorted couldnt trust myself to do it today!
So appointment is for 10am will be leaving here about 6.30 in the morning as its a good 2&half hours plus i'll hit morning rush hour up there.

Fingers crossed he has a better night and we get some answers tomorrow AND whatevers going on is treatable!

5 comments:

Jean said...

Oh, my goodness!! You might have already taken care of things.

Hope you are managing some sleep for tomorrow. I will be thinking of you both.

Deal with the stupid phone service when you are thinking more clearly. No point in stressing any more than you are already.

Hugs to Buster.

Claire said...

i'm sorry, nicola, i hadn't been checking your blog as i hadn't expected you posting on it. Hope it all went well in edinburgh today ...

Jean said...

Any news???

Nicola said...

No probs Claire:)

Its going to be short cos ive been out the house since 6.30am and only been in for half an hour to get showered earlier.
My mum was taken into hospital this afternoon with stomach pains looks like its her gall bladder so I basically got back from Edinburgh fed neds,showered then straight back out.To say im cream crackered is an understatement!

Brief Buster news,i'll report back properly tomorrow when I can actually remember what he said when he rang to update me this evening.
Vet was brilliant spent ages taking history ..i mean every single detail from him being a pup!
His blood tests showed somethings high with regards to his liver,they found no foreign bodys but his throat and stomach are very inflamed and has send samples off to the lab.
Vet wants to do another test in the morning to get a better idea about the liver.He said Buster has come through it all like a trooper(he's winning fans all over the country)and has given him some meds to help the stomach/throat and they seem to be working up to now.
He also mentioned a rare form of epilepsy which was completely unexpected.
Vet seemed pretty positive he'd have a firm diagnosis and course of treatment once all the results come back.I 'should' be able to collect him tomorrow afternoon.
So he's not out of the woods but im feeling a bit more optimistic!

Jean said...

Sending tons of love your way. Some for Buster, some for your Mom, and a whole lot for you.

I will be praying for everyone and if vibes work, I'm sending some of them too.

May Christmas Eve bring the peace, joy, hope, and love promised so long ago into your life. Let the peace envelop you, and surround you with positive solutions to all your worries. Whatever you may believe, I believe this is a season of miracles. May heaven send you double your share.