Saturday 13 September 2008

The trouble with.........

puppies and two horses means I dont hardly have any computer time so other that checking up on folks I cant seem to find the time to post.Sorry I will try to do better!:))

To be honest with the floods over last weekend and the continuing rain this week ive done very little horsey stuff. I squeezed in half and hour in the school Tuesday with Ali on the longlines.He was absolutely fabulous the ground work with D and lessons are obviously paying off he was balanced,responsive and forward I couldnt have asked for more really.
Today we had a longish hack with YO did most of it on the main road coming home,I thought I take advantage of the fact we were with her bombproof plod as we've not done too much road work recently..he was fine of course!
The only thing he looked at was when we passed someone in a wheelchair who was kicking off with his carer and lashing out...AliG obviously doesnt realise what mummy does for a living:))
I had a real blitz today I lifted Ali's bedding to let the stable air,tried to do something about the flooding problem in Polo's and then did their feet.

Puppies are doing great they've been out for a run around in the kitchen today.Buster is lovely with them he licks them to death and is so gentle around them Minx is almost too excited around them verging on obsessive so I keep a close eye on her.I dont think she'd hurt them deliberately but i'd rather not risk it, wonder if its something to do with the memory of having pups?she could just be jealous of course!
I went to see my friend today who's Jack Russell had pups few days after mine.She had to hand rear them as the dog was severely anemic what a difference in their development they are very skinny and underdeveloped,about the size mine were at a few days old.

Yesterday I was at a big show in Darlington with Buster he was a really good boy he's totally got the idea of what he has to do.A friend who came with me said how controlled and focused he was at the last few shows which is most unlike him as he's usually OTT he obviously realises its 'show time':).
He got 3rd which I was pleased about the judge clearly liked him a lot he kept coming back to him spanning him over and over again.Buster's a good sized Border and a solid lump of a dog he's probably over the weight guidelines so if anything is going against him its that.
I chatted to an older lady we've gotten to know she said when she judges she gives priority to the head as this is what sets them apart from the other terriers so needs to be retained then movement,she reckons Buster's pretty good on all fronts so she'd not be too concerned about the fact he's well built.So we just need to show under lots of judges like her or ones with big hands:))
Im finding people are starting to notice and chat to us now, its a very close knit sort of community and its taken quite some time but I get the impression many of them like Buster.One lady who has lots of Champs came and gave me some tips on tidying up his coat which was nice,in fairness he is a bit raggy at the moment but im hanging off stripping him until the last few shows are over.
Anyway our run of placings at the big shows continue so he's qualified for Crufts three times over this year which is pretty good going.

3 comments:

Claire said...

makes up for the politics at the local show, then! well done buster!

Jean said...

Way to go, Buster! Now that he's getting the hang of being a star I hope he doesn't lose his perspective and turn into a total show off. *G*

But he is adorable with the pups. That is so cute. Guess he's priming the future champions.

Hope the floods are drying out a bit. You were under an awful lot of water over there.

Muriel said...

Well done for Buster!

Can you post some pics of him posing for a show?

I woudl like to see him at his best ;-)