Tuesday 16 September 2008

Furious!

YO casually dropped into conversation on Sat her colleague's wife had bought a horse and it 'might' be coming to our yard on a short term basis until they found something closer to home.It all seemed undecided and vague so you can imagine my suprise to find it at the yard Sunday morning and it was going on the inside of the track ive stripped off for my two.
Now I know its a livery yard and you are at the mercy of YO's but I knew this would cause problems primarily because the horse is a mare and the temptation would be too much.I was polite and chatted to the owners but said I was worried my two would go through the electric fencing and into the middle bit with the mare as the grass is very long.
I arrive Monday morning to find the fence all down and the horse's in together and mine munching on the long grass..I was furious to say the least the YO didnt even ring me to let me know!
Aside from mine being on the lush grass the mare is a failed racehorse, sounds like someone bought it then turns it out to chill out for few weeks then sells them on for a small profit,anyway they dont know its history has it been wormed it could be carrying anything if its gone through sales etc.
Then to top it off Polo's going loopy with the hormones and excitement of it all!
YO knew I was seriously mad,I didnt attempt to hide it.She said she'd put the fence back up so I snapped well there's no point they are just going to go through it again.Ive ended up making a small strip for them using just the tall posts ,I mainly have the short ones, so basically mine are on grazing the size of a postage stamp to make was for a temporary livery,who's there on the cheap cos they wont pay for a stable and when it goes i'll then have to go a clear a field full of poo's!

And breath.......
After i'd sorted all that I managed to take Alig in the school for a quick longrein session and he was excellent.His hormones are obviously gone as he was totally chilled out about it all unlike Polo.
Im going up now hopefully to ride both depending on the rain and whether Polo is safe:))

Ive got some lovely pics of Buster and Minx playing with the pups they are fantastic with them although Buster sometimes get a bit carried away,im sure Mouse is relieved to hand them over for a while.

5 comments:

Muriel said...

Please Puppies fest pics.
It will take your mind off teh horses.

Is Polo a rig?
Has he sh*gg his new girlfriend. You should be happy, he is having some exercise .. burning lots of engery being a male ^-^

cptrayes said...

I dont miss the days of being in livery yards one tiny bit. I came back from holiday once to find that while I was gone my horse had been moved into a single indoor stable with no windows and no view out of the door! A prison cell, in other words!

C

Nicola said...

Yes Muriel just to make Polo that bit more mixed up he's also riggy!
The trouble is when there's a new mare on the scene he's a complete and utter nutcase for a about a week until the hormones/novelty wears off.
As expected he tried to bog off when I went to bring them in then tried to walk over the top of me to run back out of the stable. Polo usually has lovely manners in the stable but when he's like this the brain is fried he got a wallop for it.
He had three stressy poos in the space of 30seconds meanwhile the mare was galloping up and down the field at the loss of her new 'boyfriend'.
Alig looked baffled by all the goings on:)

I took Alig for a short hack and to top everything off he was really footy walking over the stones leaving the yard and felt a bit short so I reckon its a touch of lami with gorging on the lush grass.
I kept them both in off the grass tonight,its pouring of rain anyway so it wont do either of them any harm.

The good news is the mare is going to its new yard at the weekend although im pretty cheesed off ive had all this hassle and grief so the YO could get one week of livery!

Jean said...

Oh, dear. How well I recall the frustrations of boarding out. I did manage to find some good stables along the way, but never quite having complete charge of my own horses was always a little unsettling.

My sympathy. Hope AliG is OK as that is worrying. As for Polo, guess you are sort of used to it as annoying as it may be. At least you understand him. *sigh*

Claire said...

let's hope it DOES go, then, what a nightmare for you...

we passed your place monday & tuesday - I thought i clocked a strange horse, but wasn't totally sure - i was towing someone's horse to vet & back in someone else's trailer!

oh - and the cavesson, now it's been shortened, proves to be a shade too large round the nose!