Wednesday 7 May 2008

Ahhh bliss.....

The weather was lovely again today ive caught the sun on my arms, its amazing to think we were still getting hailstone little over a week ago!YO was just saying today there's been no inbetween weather,last week we were still wearing jumpers and coats and now we are in t-shirts but im definately NOT complaining its heaven:)

I was a good girl today and rode both boys.
First went out for a hack on Polo with YO on nervy pony,Polo was still winding himself up for no reason(must be the grass) but managed to hold his nerve and lead there and back.He totally took off coming up the hill home I had him in a steady trot when he literally shot off like a bat out of hell YO said she'd never gone so fast in her life as the pony tried to keep up with us.Polo was all excited and bouncy after that so had a wash down with his minty rinse when we got home as he was sweating.
I'd intended on taking AliG in the school but when I rode over it was being used so we had a hack up the lane,he was a bit 'looky' but fine but I didnt feel that was enough work to call it a day so took him in the field for a little schooling session.He was NOT impressed! I was really firm with him and insisted he get on with it and did lots of loops,circles and changes of rein using my seat he started off flapping his tongue around,opening his gob and going behind the vertical even though I was hardly holding him but after about 15mins or so he settled down and was really listening.The all hell broke loose M was altering Ellie and Jo's pony's grazing area as the are stripped off,pony broke out and started charging round our field.Ali was totally flumoxed particularly when I lobbed off him and started chasing pony round the field with M with him in tow:)))
In the end M took Ali and put him in the stable as she was about to have an asthma attack while I continued on the pony chase.
So our schooling session was cut short but he still lathered so he had a minty wash down too.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Well, that must have been fun....not. Why is it so many good schooling session seems to end up with some kind of dramatic distraction? Have a bad session and nothing messes it up, except the general "badness."

AliG must have really been confused. I take it your eventually managed to get the pony sorted out. *G*

Polo's been having fun lately. Glad he's happy.

cptrayes said...

Minty wash, what next!

C

Muriel said...

Minty wash ...hmm how warm is it?

We won't shower unless it is very very very hot around 35 degrees. But we cold-hose legs after riding.

Ali is such a great personage ^-^

Polo is definetely a horse NOT for me :-)

Nicola said...

Not sure of the temp Muriel but considering what we are used to its REALLY warm!:))

I love it when Polo's like this even if he's being silly he's going forward..its when he spooks and drops a shoulder you have to worry:)0

AliG was totally non fazed being dragged around the field, I was a bit annoyed yesterday but when I think about it today it was comical really!

I will email you Muriel I just keep forgetting to copy and paste your email address.......