Wednesday 25 February 2009

Dentist day.

Both had their teeth done today.Despite noting that dentist was due several times over the past few weeks I still managed to forget this week and only realised this morning when I looked at my phone diary.After initially getting in a bit of a tizz when the penny dropped then remembering he didnt know i'd moved the neds and not being able to get a hold of dentist it all got sorted and I met him and on the road to show him the way to the new yard.
The over all opinion was they were in pretty good shape orally,Polo needed minimal work which is great,Ali a little more basically due to his age/new teeth erupting.Polo was much improved this time as he's always battled a bit since the work he had done at the vet school Ali just fidgits but nothing bad,dentist noticed Ali's chest has widened and how much he's filled out he was very complimentary about him.
I had intended on having a quick ride before he arrived but Ted put the spanner in the works by getting his head wedged under the stable door!Caused a fair bit of panic between us all for a while as we couldnt get his head out,in the end we lifted the door up a bit using a shovel while YO climbed over into the stable and wiggled him out.{sigh}

4 comments:

Jean said...

What was Ted thinking--or is that an oxymoron at his age? *lol* Glad he is OK, silly boy.

I'll have to get the vet out for teeth soon too. My budget is really straining right now. *sigh*

Glad your boys behaved themselves. That should have pleased you.

Muriel said...

I love your boys! boys will always be boys whatever the species ^-^ LOL

You make me laugh.
Poor ted tho !

Claire said...

narrow escapes all round, then!

Nicola said...

It would be nice to have at least one week without a disaster of somesort,im sure they are trying to put me in an early grave!
Ted is no worse for wear today head still attached:)

I know what you mean Jean everything seems to come at once and after Buster's vet bills I could really do with a few months of low spending!