Saturday 18 October 2008

Then there was two:(

The've been gone a couple of hours and its remarkable how empty the house seems,im sad but a bit relieved too as they were becoming a handfull.
I'll make you wait at little to see who stayed cos im feeling cruel!:)

Horse news ive gone from one extreme to the other and Ali's had 4hacks this week nothing really to report as he was a good boy.He still had a ears back moment at that 'bogey' spot yesterday but with firm forward riding he hasnt done anything other than pin them for a few strides then they pop up then pin again.Still cant work out why he does it 'there'(hasnt done it anywhere else for months) but it lasted a minute tops then he was fine...strange.
Today I received a phonecall from YO to say when M had arrived at the yard this morning she found AliG charging around the yard snorting.
Well I now know for certain Ali has a decent jump in him for some reason he'd jumped the five bar gate out of the pen! At first I thought he'd done it to get to Ellie as yesterday he'd shown a bit of interest in her when she was in season but if that was the case he'd have gone round to her stable not run around the yard like a headless chicken.So I reckon he'd gone to the gate to wait, they know what time they come in so hang about around then something spooked him and he leapt the gate M said Polo was very wound up too.
I have to say im impressed its a big gate going uphill and the pens pretty small so he couldnt have gotten a run at it..Caroline fancy an Andy eventer?:))

Okay i'll put you out of your misery my cute girl and the large light dog........... went tonight:(((
Peter surprised me I was convinced he'd go for the blue dog and the large dog.He had a good look at them and watched them move then popped two in the box and said these are the two I think are the best he picked the blue dog which wasnt a surprise but he also loved the smaller dog.
His thought on the blue dog were he potentially has as good a head as Buster(high praise)he has tight smallish feet so he doesnt think he'll be as big as Buster which is good and he liked the way he moves.
The smaller pup is very different but Peter thought he had nice lines when he moved,loved his rich colour and think's his head is extremely good although different from the blue dog.
Basically he said if he had to pick a dog to take home today he'd take the blue as he's pretty certain he's the 'one' but if I can hang onto them both a bit longer he'll get the lady who showed him the ropes to take a look too.
Luckily we've got a show in two weeks in Scotland so the pups can have a trip out in the car and they can take a look then.
I'd put a advert up in Farmway at Hexham last weekend but havent advertised anywhere else so unless I get interest from there i'll wait a couple of weeks.
Peter was full of praise for the condition of them all he said I make an excellent job of it as Minx's pups were the same.I reckon looking after the mummys is the secret plus the steak, chicken,sausages and scrambled eggs Mouse had when she wouldnt eat probably didnt hurt:))
He said again he thought I should move Buster up into the next classes because Buster is such a mature well developed dog for his age this is something we'd discussed a while back.I kind of wanted him to have the allowances which are given in the younger classes but to be honest he's so brilliant in the ring he probably doesnt need it.
Anyway ive now got five dogs on the settee with me,im the one hanging off the end!

6 comments:

Jean said...

Ohmigosh, it must be SO hard to let go of those babies. But two potential champions in the litter? Fantastic.

So is somebody going to stay with you?

AliG the jumper? Hope he doesn't make a habit of exiting the paddock without the gate like that. *G*

Muriel said...

I love the image of you sitting on a small "amount" of the sofa, while the dogs have it all for them ^-^

For a puppy can you really have an idea of how they will be just looking at then that young?
I know that for a horse you should look at them at 6 months, then forget about them until 2 yrs old??

Nicola said...

Im pretty certain it will be the blue i'll keep he's on the way to having a Buster head and I LOVE Buster's head!Plus Peter said for some reason quite often the blue borders dont have very good heads so if I get a one i'd be chuffed.
Things could change Muriel but you can get a good idea at this stage Peter has shown and bred for a long time which is why I asked him to take a look.Plus he's got a better eye for movement and faults.
I knew Buster was good quite early on and have had my eye on this boy for a while despite my heart strings pulling for the girl.

cptrayes said...

So how many dogs will that mean you have????

C

Nicola said...

Shhhh OH isnt fully aware of the state of play....that would be four though!:)

Claire said...

guess that's enough then.

you sound more cheerful than i expected to find you after your lurker post!