Saturday 25 October 2008

A rant...

about my YO!!Now there are lots of good things about my yard one has always been the YO tended to keep her nose out and let us get on with things but lately she's been an absolute witch.
A while ago Ali and Polo managed to reach some of her hay bales they mainly burst a few bales but did eat some (which I didnt want as her hay makes the horses cough) I told her they'd done it and moved the hay so they couldnt reach it.Now firstly they had tons of room at the back for the new cut hay but for some reason stacked it right at the front.Bearing in mind last year her young horse was on restricted grazing in the pen and managed to get at the hay you'd think she'd have realised the horses can get at it and put it further in.Im not excusing them eating it but they did do most of the damage when i'd had to strip them off in a tiny paddock using my tall electric fence posts(mainly got the shorter one's) when she decided to bring her friends mare.
Jo told me she slagged me off about it saying she'd had to pull me about it, i'd not offered to pay for the hay and I wasnt bothered.I had all intention of giving her some money for it even though it could have been avoided by stacking it further back in the first place.I ended up clipping her horse for nothing cos she wouldnt take the money saying "oh dont be silly I dont want it":000

M had sent Ellie away to stud this summer after several attempts at AI she was in foal and came home but on her last scan the vet said there was nothing showing so she'd obviously absorbed the foal recently.M was obviously disappointed but the vet did said its been a really bad year for it and they 'think' the weather affects the hormone levels so he thinks its worth trying next year.YO's son broke his neck to come and see M and say "oh well that was a waste of money wasnt it" cheeky little so and so!But he repeats his mother so we could just imagine what she'd been saying to all insundry when she found out.
This is the woman who paid £2000 for a Welsh section foal that was lame when she went to see it and has the most crooked legs you could ever see and has been lame ever since!

A few weeks ago she was complaining to M she has to have a stable for Jo's pony even though Jo doesnt pay her for it.The farm actually belongs to YO's hubbys father who is old and found it too much to manage anyway Jo has known the family for years and pays her livery to the old man rather than our YO..this obviously rankles her hugely.Plus the 'stable' as a tiny old pig pen that isnt high enough for anything over 12hands AND he's only actually had two nights in it when we had the floods!

She's excelled herself today with her comments to M though.
It has always got her back up that we use the arena over the road as she hates the guy who owns the livery yard.He's done nothing to her she is just absolutely eaten up with jealousy because she had wanted to buy one of the fields next to the farm but he bought them all and open the livery yard.
She has put objection in after objection to the plans so was furious they went ahead apparently there have been complaints about the traffic and horse boxes on the lane (mm wonder who from) so now the arena is only allowed to be used by people who are actually based on his yard ..well this is what she told M. He never charges rental for the school and is pretty generous letting different people use the school including the kids pony club so thats all got to stop despite the fact they used to have the pony club at the top of the same lane but in a field.
Anyway M said she was positively gleeful in telling her we wouldnt be able to use the school,what an absolute cow.
Im not taking any notice as yet until ive spoken to the livery yard owner as far as im concerned I dont drive up the lane to use the school but to get to our farm and he doesnt charge anything for me going in so can anyone stop and 'friend' from using their facilities?
Im livid can you tell.The thing that gets me the most is she's complaining about the traffic, disturbance and how things arent done legitimately yet when the new girl moves onto our yard she will have 7 horses there on livery (not including her own) with 5 people coming to and fro plus they have a garage work shop on the farm,none of which is declared, PLUS her OH doesnt work but has lots of 'fiddle' jobs on the go!
The upshot of this all is im seriously considering moving the horses.I dont really want to cos the yard is close to home lots of off road riding and I can winter them out but if I cant use the arena I cant have lessons, I cant school my young horse plus im up to my back teeth of this woman at the minute.
Im not rushing in im going to have a think and see if things settle down but will put the feelers out to see whats out there.Im obviously restricted in that I cant been somewhere that does a lot of roadwork for Polo (not that i'd want to be anyway)
plus i'd be better with a field to myself due to the horny natures of my two:))

Sorry its soooo long but I just cant see why anyone has to be so bloody horrible all the time it makes me mad!


Ps No horsey news as its been blowing a gale all day haha!

8 comments:

Jean said...

Oh, dear. I hate it when things go wrong at a boarding place. I've had my share of problems over the years and am so glad my horses are home now.

I hope the next door guy with the arena is reasonable with you, but he may be stuck sticking to his word about who can use the arena.

Does he have room for your boys? Finding a new place might be your best option, but I know it is a hassle, especially with two horses. And, then finding a "just right" place with all the turnout, etc. you need just adds to the mess.

Maybe things will settle down. If not, I fear the bad feelings will just continue to escalate until you simply CAN'T stay any longer. *Sigh*

Muriel said...

Hmmm *coughing here* As the right arm of my YO, I am going to give you my take on your story.

It is gossip, gossip, gossip!
It is all M told me, M, reported to me.
Has the Yo told you anything in your face?

If I were you, You are B@lsy enough, I would ask the Yo if there was any problem. Speak YOURSELF to the YO about the hay, the clipping etc...

DO NOT GET EMOTIONAL.

Right now, it is M who is winding yourself up, not the YO!!!

Believe it or not I NEVER gossip at the yard.
1/ because I am not gossipy, I have a blog if I feel like ranting!
2/ because I HATE reporting nasty gossip, it tells more about the person reporting the gossip than about the gossip itself!

From what you say, I will be worried if M is really your friend, as she is hurting you. Are you sure she is not jealous of YOU, and just bitter because her mare is not in foal???

Being the eyes of Mirella at my yard, I rarely report anything to her. I do not tell her that Piero has turned loose his mare in the big arena, and he knows it is not allowed. But i reminded Piero that it was not allowed, and if he got caugh by Mirella he would get a good telling off.

When you have calmed down, go to speak to you rYO privately in front of a cup of tea, not between two stalls' door in fron t of M or the other liveries.

Just my take on it.

Hope it helps!

Nicola said...

Muriel youve totally got the wrong end of the stick ive heard YO on many occasions have these,no way to described it other than bitching sessions.I knew when I moved onto the yard she was disliked by virually everyone who encounters her but banked on not see much of her because of my shifts but lately it seems to have been unavoidable.
She is simply one of those people that never has anything nice to say about anybody its unbelieveable some of the things she says.
What annoys me about this situation is she works for the council so uses her contacts to make complaints and stops things going through yet is running a livery yard,gardening business and garage all from the farm without permission!
M,Jo and I all get on like a house on fire and help each other out and I somethimes wonder if this is half of YO's problem as Jo was her 'friend' who she controlled until we all became close.
The fact is YO hates us using the school has done from day one,she actually told the girl who shares one of her horse's if she went there for a lesson the loan would be terminated.
Until I speak to the livery yard owner I wont know the full story so i'll say nothing for now but I am finding it hard and hard to bit my tongue when she's spouting off!

Muriel said...

Even so if YOU have a problem with YO speak to her, face to face. If she is a big bully, bullies are cowards, she will yield in front of you.

If you can bear it, try to find another place.
In the Uk, you have much more choice than anybody else.

cptrayes said...

I know just what it's like Nicola. Years ago, everyone was being told that my horse was thin because he chased the mares. I told them when I went there that he was riggy and needed keeing apart from mares and was promised he would be. Anyway, the vet listened to YO and my horse had kidney failure undiagnosed for six months and was in agony ripping his rugs.

C

Claire said...

well, if you move you can dib her in.

hope she doesn't have internet access? i know my blog is read at both my current yard AND my previous yard...

Nicola said...

Dont tempt me Claire!:)))
I couldnt care Claire to be honest if she did read it, nothing I wouldnt say to her face if she had a go.
But no I havent told her I do a blog...

When she says things to me re other people I tend to tell her what I think so she usually shuts up but in this instance I need to find out exactly what the terms of the school use are.Ive got a feeling it means the school cant be 'hired' out and she's twisting it to suit her although what difference it makes to her if I use the school is beyond me!
Im not jumping into anything but if things do come to ahead then I need to have options.

Its crazy most people seem to have problems with the other liverys we all get on great its the YO thats the problem:))

Claire said...

well, that was last saturday - how was your week? LOL