Thursday 19 November 2009

Fed up

I'll make it brief cos im at work and really need to go to bed but im a bit cheesed off with this week!
Number one reason is Ali is lame again,this time right hind. Looks totally different from the last time when he was just bit short mainly in canter and *looked* tight in his back.This time he's resting the leg,hard to say where its coming from as I cant feel anything and he keeps picking his leg up where ever I touch so that doesnt help. He was totally fine yesterday as he had a short lunge,infact I thought to myself how well he was moving at the time so im thinking maybe an abscess or he's skidded in the mud which leads to the other reason why im fed up.
The WEATHER..gale force winds heavy rain its horrible. Im so sick of mud already and the winter has just began. I spent most of today putting electric fencing back up as the wind had blown the posts flat,trudging through mud to make attempts at keeping ontop of the poo picking and getting the field shelter roof nailed back on as the winds had lifted the sheet off at the corner and I had visions of the whole sheet coming off and hitting one of the horses...not what I need!
Which leads me onto the other reason im fed up-TIME. I just dont seem to have time to turn around. I sleep in at work Mon to Fri shift starts 7am till 9am then get home pick dogs up get changed so I get to the boys around 10.30/11am I then walk them up to the yard and go back to do the jobs in the field,poo picking,fill water buckets haynets etc. Then on the odd occasion when I have a sound horse I groom tack up and ride,then back to feed walk them back to the field, muck out then walk the dogs as they've been stuck in the car. Im lucky if I get home at 3pm in time to have a shower and fly out the door as I start back at work at 4pm working till 11pm then sleeping in just to do it all again the next day.Ive been late for work every single day this week, im seriously lucky my boss thinks the sun shines out of my butt and we've work together for so many years or i'd get sacked at this rate!
I'll be lucky if ive had a total of 2hours at home this week and for some reason this week in particular its driving me insane?
I do realise most of its my own fault .Its my choice to have 2horses and lots of dogs and if I didnt have them I wouldnt have to work such long hours, most of the time im pretty accepting of feeling tired,sore and the fact im running around like a headless chicken but this week its really got to me...so im having a bit of a pity party:(
Fingers crossed Ali's miraculously sound tomorrow and I win the lottery on Saturday -right!!!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

The lousy weather is probably contributing a lot to your mood. My sympathy...the mud just never goes away here, at least in one part of the paddock. Dragging through that to do chores is enough to ruin anyone's day.

What the heck is going on with Ali? You don't have Lyme disease there, do you? That could cause intermittent, varied leg lameness.

My Chance showed up with periodic lameness in his hind end--same side however. My vet could not find a thing. My farrier suspects stifle, and I keep thinking muscles. He's OK now, but I never quite know if it will come back. Maybe Ali was not quite recovered from his muscle thingie and over compensated on the other side to make himself sore there?????

Hope he is better tomorrow and your lottery ticket wins.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like no fun with the terrible weather making everything worse. That weird hind-end lameness stuff can be very trying - it's often hard to figure out what it is as there are so many possibilities.

Hope he recovers quickly!