Sunday 22 November 2009

Cautiously optimistic.......

the panic is over, Im pretty sure its an abscess!
There has been lots of heat in his inside heel bulb and hoof wall over the weekend so he's been in all day with a poultice on. Tonight when I took the poulice off I spotted a small lesion along the coronet back at the heel and it all feels a bit squidgy so will poultice again tomorrow but he is looking much happier to stand with his weight on it.What a wuss though, Polo had two sheered heels when he first went barefoot and other than some slight footiness you wouldnt have know there was anything wrong,although Ali is canny enough to ham it up to get some time off:))
I reckon i'll be riding him in the next couple of days,its quite a relief as I was starting to become concerned there was some underlying issue niggling on.
I rode Polo on Saturday. Im just hacking him whenever ive the time and inclination and when he look comfortable, plus he's been a bit full of himself recently so thought it wouldnt hurt!
He felt pretty good powering along I had my first trot on him for ages. Ive forgot how powerful it is and got ricocheted out of the saddle honestly his power is scary.
Now im so used to Ali's more ridable and comfortable paces I seriously dont know how I used to...well stay on him,although half the time I didnt!:0

Im feeling a bit better as ive had a more relaxing weekend and cleaned my house and go on top of things which always makes me feel happier,I get very stressed when my house is untidy and ive not had time to catch up with it all -sad but true.

10 comments:

Jean said...

Oh, good....an abscess...horsemen are about the only people in the world who would understand that as a happy discovery.

Ali may not be a wuss at all. Depending on where an abscess is, it can be truly painful. Here's hoping it resolves soon and you can be back on top of the comfy horse instead of "Mr. Bounce!" (But I bet Polo feels super with all that powerful energy!!)

Nicola said...

It does feel super Jean but its not what you call comfortable or easy to ride,think im past all that and prefer the easier,less physical option now.......ouch I sound very old dont I!

Anonymous said...

Does sound like an abscess - which is very good news!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claire said...

nicola being spammed...

anyway, id on't understand.. i religiulsy check every day in my followers list to see who's posted to read and nothing showing for you .. and then a load come through at once.. same happened with someone else the other day!

very bizarre

Danni said...

I've had the same problem as Claire! Have caught up now. Sorry to hear the long hours and winter weather have been making you feel blue. I think the shortened days and cold weather do make us wonder why we bother!

Very pleased to hear it's something as simple as an abscess that could be bothering Ali. They're painful for the horse but better than finding something much more sinister. Hope it clears up soon.

Great to hear Polo is still feeling full of himself ;) And I understand the calming pleasure in having a tidy house too!

Muriel said...

Only Blogger knows why, but it just updated my dashboard with 6 of your posts. I thought you had disappeared!

I am glad you are well, and that Ali "only" suffered from an abscess. I am convinced these are bloomin' painful as horses react so badly to them.

Nice to hear from you!

Nicola said...

Blimmey thats odd -being spammed and the lack of updates?

Android Developer said...

Good Site